Air Gap / Autoguage Question

-

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I am setting up my Air Gap on my 340, mounted my Autoguages guages and first thing I noticed was the AutoGuage water temp sensor is huge. It aint going to fit in the original sensor hole location, leaving me only one option, I purchased a Brass 3/8 tee and mounted the tee where the heater hose nipple is located, but it looks like if I tighten the sensor into the tee it is gona bottom out. Anyone else have a suggestion of how to get around this, the whole darn thing looks alien on the manifold now.

I know some who have drilled and tapped where the stock sender goes next to the heater hose fitting.

Fred B

Get another temp gauge. Autometer comes to mind. That is what I am using.

Well that would be an option, not sure I B that qualified but good option, dont want to throw it away just yet, LOL

Yep. Here's my Air Gap that I run a mechanical temp guage on and you can see the brass adapter still screwed in.

E46DC80C-579B-4F48-BC94-346EB53A6035_zpsblmlgtqp.jpg

The female threaded portion of the adapter is bigger and fits the temp sender and it screws into the smaller hole in the intake. It works.

I drilled and tapped mine. I don't like modifing something that should already be that way but I had no issues.

If you all would look at the picture BrianT posted with the fitting Crackedback linked too ....it is that simple...Dam.....LOL

just bolted an autometer adapter on to an Air Gap last night....

you can put an old stock temperature sensor in the stock location to plug the hole or use a 1/8 or maybe it is a 1/4 NPT plug to plug it....

-
Back