AlV 69 Dodge GTS project

-
Thanks Anders!
it is the original color code for the car, B5. I grabbed it off of the fender tag.
:thumbup:

Cool, thanks. Expanding my color choices to metallics didn't make the decision any easier but that blue is really nice.
:-k

Cool, thanks. Expanding my color choices to metallics didn't make the decision any easier but that blue is really nice.
:-k

Hahah, I hear that, picking colors can be tough for sure.
It's a very nice color that changes with the light.

Tonight Jake and I go to our fantasy Draft, this is the first year he's co managing with me so I'm really looking forward to the season. He's going to meet the league for the first time.. Oh boy. lolol

Knocked a couple of items off of the list. I didn't expect to cover much ground.

Got the Shoddy pad in, then installed the rebuilt wiper linkage and seals.

Next in was the Alternator, Power steering pressure hose. and Radiator. Then the windshield reveal clips.

Man I love striking things off the list.

731BD0B1-1D4B-4AF7-945D-B39BFB2DA878_zpsokg9hxcl.jpg

B99908DE-E608-48A0-89BF-D354C2E47DCC_zpsng0cyqrz.jpg

F4F7F546-4B58-41F0-BC8F-8ADC947DD67A_zpsekmktlgs.jpg

BDDAACF7-A9C2-449F-A9C2-BBFCD7B12CF0_zpscjtspuyd.jpg

wheel splash shields tomorrow.

I have a b5 69 swinger 340 car i,m gathering things for. Your thread will be invaluable. Meticulous detail and documentation. Your car will be top notch!

Thank you DareDevil! That's awesome to hear, I'm happy that this thread can be helpful to others because many here on FABO have helped me along the way.

I'll be looking for your B5 Swinger build thread too.

Spent a little time on the car tonight sorting out the accessories.
Installed th belts, shroud and fan :)

Tomorrow I start the headliner and take some pictures of the reveal clips for 1969vadart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 548
Today I removed the old rear wiring harness. Roughed in the new rear wiring harness, installed the roof insulation, installed the splash shield seals and shields.. I also cleaned up the front marker housing hardware and installed the housings with the gaskets. Lastly installed the window molding clips.

8714459D-E4D4-48CC-93F8-1F4D594F60E0_zpsafvzoehp.jpg

71868C7E-B096-415B-93B1-A57E7423DD57_zps4v0fw6ca.png

0C8B815D-1F99-48BD-9153-6B9CB64674AC_zpsp4v8xnyv.jpg

8E74BB61-52E9-415D-9980-C74FBAB4CDB6_zpssitvsfpa.jpg

D5ED90B1-74EF-41FD-95C7-0758B5269BEF_zpsy29tlaj9.jpg

AD819D20-8A23-4AD8-84E4-B2DD9B1EB730_zpsrlbjhcj7.jpg

inching my way closer to the road.

Hey Al,
Dude your working like a madman, roll on brother! Your detail is reads like a restoration manual. Your Dart's gonna be AWWWSOME!!!
Martin

Thanks Martin!
lol I know! I really want to get on the road so I keep doing something anything just to take it off of the list :)

My toothpick painting skills are a solid 10 footer LoL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 512
Man, I am a bone head. In general, I am organized and try to be because there is so much stuff to keep track of with the project.

*Task status
*Inventory
*Orders

Last night I spent an hour scouring my garage and shed looking for the little bag of clips that hold the finish panel to the trunk. I never found them. I know I bought them because I have the packing slip from RT/specialties with the order break down. This is driving me nuts because I have parts bins and a pretty good system to manage inventory.

So now I am ordering a new pack because I need to move on, BUT I know that The bag will surface and it'll be right where I left it. Grrrr.

Rant over, lol.

Sorry to laugh Al, but if I work on the car for 2 hours, an hour and a half of that are spent walking around in circles trying to find things....

Sorry to laugh Al, but if I work on the car for 2 hours, an hour and a half of that are spent walking around in circles trying to find things....

LOL, I know the feeling. been there and doing that right now in mine...That was great.

LoL! That was me the other day Bob.! New clips should be here soon. I also bit the bullet and ordered the marker lenses

I spent some time cleaning up the tail lights . It's all original.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 403
Grille is on and aligned, almost have all the trim back on. Next week the trunk panel clips will are e and I can install the light assemblies and the finish panel. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 968
Al, holy **** that grille is amazing. Your car is something to be very proud of...

Coming along nicely.

I just set up my 741 with 3.55 and i have a set of axles that I cut down for lining up the splines. Let me know if you want them and I will send them out to you for a lone. They will fit in the "if it fits it ships" USPS boxes.

Coming along nicely.

I just set up my 741 with 3.55 and i have a set of axles that I cut down for lining up the splines. Let me know if you want them and I will send them out to you for a lone. They will fit in the "if it fits it ships" USPS boxes.

Thanks!
I'll keep that in mind. I'm actually considering getting a center section with 3.55, or 3.23. to swap for road trips.

-
Back