Another new Canuck A-Body guy, eh!

-

comoxian

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just came across this site yesterday. Looks great, and another place to while away the hours :wink:. So many forums, so little time.

Been a Mopar maniac since I was a teen, oh so many years ago. Never owned an A-Body till now. I've had B's, C's, E's and even a Horizon, whatever the heck you'd call that POS :-&.

My new ride is a rust free '65 Dart 270-273 4bbl, originally out of CA. It currently has a '67 273, w/Eddy Performer and AFB. It was rebuilt by the previous owner and moves along right smartly.
But not quite enough for me:burnout:

I'm picking up a 360LA to build into a 408 Stroker. Should keep me busy for a few months.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and swapping info and stories.

Happy Moparring,
Mark

Hi Mark, welcome!

Where is Union Bay? I've lived in Vancouver and Victoria but have never heard of it.

Dave

PS: A Horizon is an L-Body! :D

Hi Dave,

Union Bay is just south of Courtenay. Or about 100km(60 miles) north of Nanaimo.

Just realized that I didn't include a pic of my car in the first post. Hope I can do it here.

img025.jpg

Hi guys,

Thanks for the greetings.

No, I bought mine here on the Island about eight months ago. It's in really good shape, but not worth $12K.

That one looks real sharp, but it's a Val. Mine's a Dart.

Welcome Mark...(It's me):D. Good to have ya! That's a sweet ride. Perhaps we (the boys) can meet-up some day if your down this way when the good weather returns. We have a spot we meet at every weekend depending. "Perhaps" you will have that stroker in by summer:D
Cheers,
Jim

DSCN7939.jpg

pic5.JPG

Welcome Mark from another westerner. I know where Union Bay is, I go out to Deep Bay once a year (that's all I can afford the fairey ride) to go fishing and have friends in Comox. I figure if Jim can pictures of his car I'll do it to.

Terry

P6020033 (Medium).JPG

n511596763_38867_9764.jpg

Sorry to thread piggy back, but I am also a new Canadian Abody lover and also just lucked out on finding this site, quite happy really.

This is my second Duster, This one needs tons of work, Hope you guys are ready for a good show, I work 12 hours a day, so progress will be slow, Im off for the winter so thats when work will commence.

Im basically prepping it to sand blast the entire thing,
today I pulled the doors, glass, and dash took like 3 hours, was quite suprized.
I thought this one was pretty clean, boy was I wrong bondo everywhere. Ill take recent pics this week sometime.

Welcome Mark!! Yep it is me :toothy1:from Arkansas.
I have been enjoying yall Canadians and have learned allot from all of them.
That is a great looking 65 Dart you have pick up.
Hope you take the time to enjoy!! So jump on in.:D

well heck i am a northern BC'er might as well throw my 68 GTS Dart in as well. 340 -4gear pretty much back to factory but not perfect.You got some very nice rides out there .papa-d
Sa400006.jpg

Never to many Canadians. Welcome.
Can't argue that. More the merry.
No, I bought mine here on the Island about eight months ago
Really!?!?! Where from? Could have done lunch.....
Nice ride.

Papadodge, nice car you have there.

well heck i am a northern BC'er might as well throw my 68 GTS Dart in as well. 340 -4gear pretty much back to factory but not perfect.You got some very nice rides out there .papa-d
Sa400006.jpg

Nice Dart GTS!! Is the Dart originally from Northern BC? I'm from BC as well but a little further south (Vancouver).

Can't argue that. More the merry.

Really!?!?! Where from? Could have done lunch.....
Nice ride.

Papadodge, nice car you have there.

Hi Rob,

I should thank you personally. I found this site through you, on the MoparChat site, via a link to your "318 on the cheap thread".

But you have my Island mistaken for yours. I'm in the other country, on the other coast. Heap big Island. Vancouver Island.

But you're welcome to visit anytime. And I'll buy lunch:thumrigh:.

-
Back