Any Dumpster Divers/Scavengers?

-
I will always have an open invite to whomever thew Bear in a dumpster as a pup to meet me. I got something waiting for you after all these years.....

Carry on,
JW

What, puppies? :D
Sorry, but I'm just not a pet person.
It's like having another kid and I'm really not awfully fond of them either. :D

What, puppies? :D
Sorry, but I'm just not a pet person.
It's like having another kid and I'm really not awfully fond of them either. :D

Well, I suspect we will get along fine anyhoo.... As for dogs, well I have yet to meet one I didn't like.... Humans not so much.....

JW

I pay for a dumpster at my storage warehouse.

I've found some pretty crazy tings in it.

I'm not about to pass up a made in USA Sioux brand D/A jut because someone might call me a scrounge.

...or a bucket full of craftsman tools including a 1/2 ratchet.

...or a 48x36 sheet of 14 gauge steel.

...or a home 8 track deck with 20 tapes that all play including some pretty cool classic rock titles.

...or usable pieces of 2x4, 4x4, 2x6 lumber.

...or nearly full boxes of tapcons, self tapping sheet metal screws, nails, etc.

...or all four base model 17x7 made in Brazil Dodge truck wheels.

...or a 100' 12ga extension cord, needing only the female end.

...or a 100' air hose with both disconnects intact.

I could go on and on.

For a while, every week there was an unopened quart of motor oil!

Who throws that away?

I've posted "guess what I found in the dumpster" threads on FBBO in the past.

Oh, could I tell you about the treasures that the RSG (Road Salvage Gods) have left for me! But, I'll just tell of maybe my best find!! I was at the dump and noticed about 100 cases of chewing tobacco, still packed and taped! Now, my favorite old friend who used to run the junkyard next to my childhood home loved Redman chew, so I loaded up about 30 cases of the bag chew, and my buddy took all of the Skoal in cans that he could load!! We had a trailer so we just loaded it up!! When I dropped off the Redman to Baldy, and he was sooo happy that everytime he would see me after that, it was the first thing he mentioned! We were very close, and he would always let me take whatever I wanted for free, but whatever I took and sold I would always take back 1/2 of the money to him! He was very poor and imagine me walking up and handing him $150-$200 for parts that he would've scrapped for pennies!! I think the "chewins" paid off many more times than I can count!!

Last edited:
I pay for a dumpster at my storage warehouse.

I've found some pretty crazy tings in it.

I'm not about to pass up a made in USA Sioux brand D/A jut because someone might call me a scrounge.

...or a bucket full of craftsman tools including a 1/2 ratchet.

...or a 48x36 sheet of 14 gauge steel.

...or a home 8 track deck with 20 tapes that all play including some pretty cool classic rock titles.

...or usable pieces of 2x4, 4x4, 2x6 lumber.

...or nearly full boxes of tapcons, self tapping sheet metal screws, nails, etc.

...or all four base model 17x7 made in Brazil Dodge truck wheels.

...or a 100' 12ga extension cord, needing only the female end.

...or a 100' air hose with both disconnects intact.

I could go on and on.

For a while, every week there was an unopened quart of motor oil!

Who throws that away?

I've posted "guess what I found in the dumpster" threads on FBBO in the past.
Sounds like that dumpster is your own private gold mine. You found lots of good things.

Oh, could I tell you about the treasures that the RSG (Road Salvage Gods) have left for me! But, I'll just tell of maybe my best find!! I was at the dump and noticed about 100 cases of chewing tobacco, still packed and taped! Now, my favorite old friend who used to run the junkyard next to my childhood home loved Redman chew, so I loaded up about 30 cases of the bag chew, and my buddy took all of the Skoal in cans that he could load!! We had a trailer so we just loaded it up!! When I dropped off the Redman to Baldy, and he was sooo happy that everytime he would see me after that, it was the first thing he mentioned! He were very close, and he would always let me take whatever I wanted for free, but whatever I took and sold I would always take back 1/2 of the money to him! He was very poor and imagine me walking up and handing him $150-$200 for parts that he would've scrapped for pennies!! I think the "chewins" paid off many more times than I can count!!
I love this story. Geof your awesome.

I love this story. Geof your awesome.

Thanks Matt!! You don't find many people better or more genuine than good old fashioned folks like the Blades family!! It became a long standing tradition that if they found a Mopar, they would just drop it off at my parents house! They knew that they would get the shell when I was done, and "gramps" would get 1/2 of whatever I sold! Even to this day, almost 5 years after Baldy passed away, they still give me whatever I want for free, even if I offer money!! Always with with the same comment..."ah, we'll work it out later"!!! It was also nice to just go with a case of Strohs, sit down with the cast of characters there and just chat for a couple hours!! Even the pups love me too, must be the beef jerky!!!

-- how many in here are dumpster divers? --
-- Like This ?? -- :realcrazy: --
Dumpster Diver.jpg

As if on cue-

I stopped by the shop this afternoon, and guess what was in the dumpster?

IMG_20170130_102120.jpg

Kobalt texture hopper/sprayer.

Just looked them up online.

60 bucks.

What's in it to go bad?

Seal?

I was in the same place when I was younger and had a truck. I've got a B&S 3.75 horse mower engine that has been on 4 different mower bodies. The original as purchased and 3 others that came from the dump.
Now there's a particular item that goes in that I want to get out, bring home, but can't.
Stainless steel washing machine tubs can become very nice outdoor fire pits.
yes they do, I made one out of our last washer .

yes they do, I made one out of our last washer .
had a buddie, now deceased, that found a 12" black dildo in a trashcan at a car wash. he said a very pretty black girl threw it in there while cleaning her car out.

had a buddie, now deceased, that found a 12" black dildo in a trashcan at a car wash. he said a very pretty black girl threw it in there while cleaning her car out.

How to properly dispose of Intimacy Enhancers..... First World problems lol....

JW

Not sure if a thread like this has ever been started but, how many in here are dumpster divers?

What have any of you ever found or dragged home?? Post here!

I've found old baseball hats. Once you rinse the lice off, they are fine.
There are the occasional chunks of food. Half eaten hot dogs, bags of chips, ant covered candy bars. Knock the dirt and bugs off and they taste okay.
I've found used condoms....Rinsed them out and they were good as new.

I've found old baseball hats. Once you rinse the lice off, they are fine.
There are the occasional chunks of food. Half eaten hot dogs, bags of chips, ant covered candy bars. Knock the dirt and bugs off and they taste okay.
I've found used condoms....Rinsed them out and they were good as new.

You, my friend, are one sick puppy. LOL

Last edited:
Had a buddy that would go to home and garden stores and grab stuff that looked sickly to the store. With some love and care the plants would recover. Also another friend that grabbed a mini-bike from one. He took it apart, stripped the frame and painted it with some left over Khameleon Paint, the flop kind and sold it for $350.... LOL

-
Back