anybody know where i can get this scoop from?

-
i dont think MAS has one like it, but ill doublcheck...i know AAR doesnt for sure...anybody else know where i can get one? or should i just go with the unlimited one?

Thats a Mopar Prostock scoop. Summit racing has a cheap one Part# SUM-471200

I kind of like them old style scoops. Not on every car though. Flater the hood, the better it looks.

have any of you guys had experience with unlimited before? they have a good price for the one i want, but i hear that their stuff is junk from some, but others say if im going with just the scoop and not a full hood i will be fine...what do you guys think?

just looked at the summit racing peice right now...when i get home im going to wip out the tape measure and decide if the dimnesions are too my liking, assuming im not going with the unlimited or another peice...how hard would ABS plastic be to cut or mould to fit the middle countour of my hood?

anyone used unlimited scoops before? i have been hearing a lot of horror stories, but they gave me a good price for the scoop i want to my door....the stuff i hear is mainly about hoods, but im only ordering a scoop...should i just bite the bullet and order it hoping it turns out good or just forget it? any opinions on them?

That is very similar to the old "MOPAR Pro Stock" scoop. As someone else said, Summit has one that is only $47. That is the scoop that my car's original owner had on my car when he was racing it in the early 70s:

John5small.jpg

hey 2shelby's,

was the scoop that was on it the exact one from summit racing, or just an old mopar pro stock style scoop. The one from summit is made of plastic, so would i be able to rivet it to the hood? and how hard would it be to prep and paint?

hey 2shelby's,

was the scoop that was on it the exact one from summit racing, or just an old mopar pro stock style scoop. The one from summit is made of plastic, so would i be able to rivet it to the hood? and how hard would it be to prep and paint?
The Summit one looks the same as the one that was on my car. I have never installed one so there are other guys here more qualified to answer those questions.

oh boy this is getting frustrating....only 2 companies make this style...one is plastic (which im not really to keen on using) and one company has a horrible rep that makes me afraid to buy their product....this is the scoop that i want, but i dont know what to do now...so if anyone knows where i can get this same style but from another brand please share, or if you think i should go with one of these two brands i have already mentioned, please tell me why you think i should...i would appreciate it guys

thanks

-
Back