Anybody receive seat covers from Legendary or Classic Industries lately?

-
I finally got the last piece for my 71 cuda a couple weeks ago. I ordered a whole interior from them and it took around 9 months to get it all. Good thing I planned ahead and ordered it long before I needed it.

Might want to take a look at my post on bucket seats leather from seat.com. 2 weeks on my front steps etc

I've been waiting since November for 1970 bucket seat covers and Classic Industries says they aren't getting delivery dates from Legendary (I think that is where they are coming from). Has anybody received anything lately and how long did you wait?
2 years waiting for my 70 challenger, then I got a part time job at a trim shop and made mine for the wife's 66 dart. (8 weeks total for this rookie to sew then up)

Christmas is coming! After waiting for 13 months Classic Industries is shipping my Legendary seat covers (as well as a pile of other parts held on the order). I had a horrible feeling when I was on the phone with them today as I thought for a moment that I ordered a single cover and not a pair :realcrazy:

Online Scam book.jpeg

Christmas is coming! After waiting for 13 months Classic Industries is shipping my Legendary seat covers (as well as a pile of other parts held on the order). I had a horrible feeling when I was on the phone with them today as I thought for a moment that I ordered a single cover and not a pair :realcrazy:i See. S

I see you ordered from classic when I ordered mine in April told me sometime in December hopping!

I see you ordered from classic when I ordered mine in April told me sometime in December hopping!
Well I ordered in Nov so I don't know. Legendary is quoting 10 months last I checked.

Just to update My interior was ordered received April 25 /23 at Carisle show ,Christ told me 8 months he was dead on. Shipped out today hope order is all correct !

I just ordered door panels, carpet, floor mats from Legendary. Their web site had wat times listed for all of those items. Like it said 30 days wait for carpet, 35 days wait for floor mats, 90 days wait for door panels or something along those lines. I am not expecting that stuff to come any time soon probably come later then their web site says my guess.

I saw what were probably chinese made door panels online, said in stock, image looked correct, but yeah I will pass and wait for the Legendary stuff to come.

I know it's a pisser waiting for this stuff, but on the other hand, it sure was worth the wait!!!

DSC04495.JPG

DSC04496.JPG

I just ordered door panels, carpet, floor mats from Legendary. Their web site had wat times listed for all of those items. Like it said 30 days wait for carpet, 35 days wait for floor mats, 90 days wait for door panels or something along those lines. I am not expecting that stuff to come any time soon probably come later then their web site says my guess.

I saw what were probably chinese made door panels online, said in stock, image looked correct, but yeah I will pass and wait for the Legendary stuff to come.
At the time Christ said seat cover were the long wait time they had 8000 order .

Hold back on your carpet and just order from ACC. they are pretty much the only player left that makes a "close to almost fitting carpet set. (specially for Loop style carpet. on earlier A's) same with the floor mats, if you want carpeted with logo's. it's where legendary gets the floor mats from anyways. Door panels and seats are a legendays "prime part" and they do make them. BUT inspect the welting as soon as you get them, since they can (and do mess up there in the correct sizing, sewing them in and colors) have problems we used to order all our carpeting material form ACC until covid hit, then they quit selling yardage and we now go right to Dorset Industries and buy in bulk.

Every time I've been past Legendary's facilities since the shutdown they've had a big help wanted sign out front. Specifically, it says they're looking for sewing machine operators.

Ron has been with Legendary since he was the only employee.
@Moparone why the red X?
Have you been to the Newark facility lately or were you at the Macedon shop with Marty and Ron?

Oops. I was just looking at the thread and didn’t realize I hit the X. Must have happened while I was scrolling. I’ve always had good luck with legendary.
Hahaha, I've never done that! :rofl:
All good, brother.

@Moparone why the red X?
Have you been to the Newark facility lately or were you at the Macedon shop with Marty and Ron?
I work at a trim shop doing custom leather interiors for slab sided lincolns (nope not a sewer) it takes a special kind of seamstress /seamster to do a good job on the seats. #1- you have to be semi familiar with the seats setup. #2- sew a straight line for over 9 inches guide free and fast (90% can't get past that , me either) and be able to sew welt without overunning it and putting needle holes in the welt. it's a labor intensive skill and those per part sewers of dresses and sweatshop sewers are pretty much the best at fast and accurate work. mostly in California and Mexico not too prevalent in Newark

Last edited:
I bet there where old time employees at Legendary that retired when the Covid BS hit. Then the gov ment paid people to just stay home and the economy still shows the effects of it all. Not saying this to talk politics but our economy will still show the effects of Covid for more years to come.

I bet there where old time employees at Legendary that retired when the Covid BS hit. Then the gov ment paid people to just stay home and the economy still shows the effects of it all. Not saying this to talk politics but our economy will still show the effects of Covid for more years to come.
That's it in a nutshell. The shutdown stopped production, but didn't stop orders from coming in. The workforce only partially returned. It's in a rural area of the rust belt. The skilled labor just isn't there. Most of their previous workforce acquired their skills on the job over time. Between the backlog of orders and lack of labor, they've been working behind for three years.

That's it in a nutshell. The shutdown stopped production, but didn't stop orders from coming in. The workforce only partially returned. It's in a rural area of the rust belt. The skilled labor just isn't there. Most of their previous workforce acquired their skills on the job over time. Between the backlog of orders and lack of labor, they've been working behind for three years.
I agree totally..... BUT TEXAS buses thousands of illegal immigrants to NYC every month. But we get 275,000 to 350,000 every month! We are overloaded. Ya would think there would be some people in that bunch that could sew and run scissors and make some $$$$???/!!!! :BangHead: :poke:

I agree totally..... BUT TEXAS buses thousands of illegal immigrants to NYC every month. But we get 275,000 to 350,000 every month! We are overloaded. Ya would think there would be some people in that bunch that could sew and run scissors and make some $$$$???/!!!! :BangHead: :poke:
Newark, NY is a small town with no extra housing for "asylum seekers." It's also not a sanctuary city or in a sanctuary county. There's no welcome mat out. I also wonder if Legendary doesn't want to invest a lot of time and money in employees that will bolt as soon as a better free stuff situation comes along.
Several months ago, when the busses started arriving in NYC, a fellow I know who is the business manager of the county two west of Newark's was interviewed on TV. In response to the Govt's request to take these people he said that it's a small rural county with no extra housing.

I was told that many textile companies went out of business during Covid causing delays. On top of that demand skyrocketed.

Ordered mine in October, they said sometime in August
I heard they are worth the wait

-
Back