Anybody using fuel stabilizer?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I'm running 100 octane in my 11.0-1 small block.

This crap is not cheap by any means so I wanted to know if I can use some fuel stabilizer since I will not be driving it as much as I want to.

At this point I have some bugs to work out and some parts to get so I will have some down time.

If I were driving it, I think I would run through fuel so quick fuel stabilizer would not be an issue, but obviously the cars will sit some during winter so I figured I'd ask.

I use Sta-Bil in everything from My Harley to my Lawn mower. Neva a issue or problem even after 8 months.

I run a 50/50 mix of 94 octane and VP105. Last winter I put Stabil in the tank and it was fine this spring.

Sta-bill works good I used it last year in the dart, and my boat worked great when starting up for summer.

I just put some in my toy hauler. Helps the gen set carb. I also fill up all my toys with gas from TH. Stabil FWTW

Another vote for sta-bil. I put it in everything in the late fall, and they start up fine in the spring.

Here's an opposite view. I've never used the stuff. I live in Michigan and my car and lawn equipment sit from November to april. Never had 1 bit of problem getting anything started in the spring. My lawnmower (toro) is 23 years old and I've never had to even change a spark plug. My other lawn stuff is 2 stroke (including my snowblower). Not a problem with it either. So that's the other side of the coin.

I only use it when something is going to sit for more than a year. I am with dusterdon I live in Michigan and have never had trouble. I will admidt though I do start the sitting ones up at least once a month and run them about a 1/2 hour.

I go along with Dusterdon also. I live in northern Wisconsin
and just keep enough gas in the Duster, truck and lawn equipment
to get them started. Then fill them up.

i used it because a guy gave me a bottle with my essex. its gone now and i probably wont buy more. i never tried it before that and never had a problem.

not using it cost me a hard to find carb on my 73 sporty cause i screwed it up when i took it apart to clean out the varnish. may be ok without it with a high detergentr gasoline but varnish in float bowls is a bioche

-
Back