Anyone found a USA made mechanical oil pressure gauge lately?

-
Thanks for the video. I see it was posted back in 2011, so I will look into current production locations just to double check.

Steuart Warner makes good quality gauges too. Not sure where they are made at.

Thanks for the video. I see it was posted back in 2011...........
The link I posted actually came off the video posted on their web site. I think it was in the "about us" area. I looked for some printed info there but I failed to find anything confirming USA made. Don't know for sure now. Maybe now should be "use-t-was"?
If there not made there any longer you try calling them out on their video. See what advantage it may afford you.

Good luck with that, I sold my Sun Super Tach 2 for gas money in 1988. Wish I hadn't who knew all you can get now is used old ones. I think the China one is a "Sunpro".

Last edited:
Good luck with that, I sold my Sun Super Tach 2 for gas money in 1988. Wish I hadn't who knew all you can get now is used old ones. I think the China one is a "Sunpro".

The Super Tach 2 (Suntune) from the mid '80s I have was never installed but it hit the floor in a move and cracked the glass.
Not sure they were "all" Made In USA.
Note the label on the back.............

SunSuperIIa.jpg
SunSuperIIb.jpg

Myself as well but both were made in China.

I just went to the garage and pulled the box and instructions out for my AutoMeter 3579 A/F gauge and NO WHERE on the box or in the packaging does it say where it was manufactured? I swear that I read somewhere that it was made in the U.S.A.? I did a search and came up with this old thread...

Autometer made in China!

Last edited:
...........I swear that I read somewhere that it was made in the U.S.A.?

Check down in the very bottom of the gauge face. Some print is very small. Some just say Sycamore Ill but no "Made In".
A couple boxes I still have do say Made In USA on them. Both are mechanical water temps. The MP Volt Gauge I believe is also an AutoMeter.
GaugeVolts (2).jpg
GaugeVolts.jpg

The Super Tach 2 (Suntune) from the mid '80s I have was never installed but it hit the floor in a move and cracked the glass.
Not sure they were "all" Made In USA.
Note the label on the back.............

View attachment 1715090967 View attachment 1715090968
DOH! I stand corrected, that is like the one I had. It seems we have been buying foreign "junk" for a while. But the quality seems to be getting worse IMO.

DOH! I stand corrected, that is like the one I had. It seems we have been buying foreign "junk" for a while. But the quality seems to be getting worse IMO. even back in the 80's the rich kids were like "Auto meter" is the best, always pricey though.

-
Back