apologies,timing, and msd distributors

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
since there was a heated discussion last night regarding timing, advance, etc. i thought that i should clear something up.

first off, i want to apologize to ALL members here for my outbursts that were directed to a certain member. regardless of who was right and who was wrong, i should have held my composure a bit more or just not posted. i had just returned from a trip, tired and sick and already had a short fuse. well 1 thing led to another and i posted some things not very proper. so after this post i will fall into the shadows and not post for awhile.

when a msd distributor is set to total advance(lets say 35* for the sake of conversation), it will STILL have initial when you drop it down to idle unless you have removed the springs and weights and bushing and installed the lockout plate.
mopar3762 refuses to believe that he has any initial timing yet in his post #33 of 69chrgr "still not there" he list that he has SILVER advance springs and was adamant about initial does not matter as well as his addition of initial/total is out of whack. then he lists he has full advance in by 1800 wiith the blue spring, then he has full advance in by 1400 with the silver spring. which is it man? i did booboo and say something about starter kickback whichi meant starter load. 2 different things.
the bottom line is that i didn't appreciate his condescending remarks to multiple members here and thought i should speak up. well that didn't work.
it just got him started. so once again, i apologize and i will see you guys later.

You know something, it happens. Don't weat it. Everyone pops the cork sometimes. We all know your a good fella and being tired and posting can lead to a burst and maybe even a curse. But in the long run, I think everyone has or will have done it.
We all know hows a good fella around here.

Personally, I think there was some baiting going on. Don't worry about it.

There have been some suspicious posts/posters here lately.

Red, I appreciate all your help. That other guy was way out of line. No offense here. Jeff

Shut your pie hole Steve, nobody really cares about any stinking apology... :toothy10:

Maybe some of this was in order! :axe:

You're alright for No-Cal folk. I found it a bit difficult to contain myself with Mr. Wonderful. You're in good company from that standpoint. 8)

Your positives outweigh the negatives by far. Don't sweat it. I've met you in person, I know you're a stand up guy. I know how you feel. I let that 340rules guy get to me.

Your positives outweigh the negatives by far. Don't sweat it. I've met you in person, I know you're a stand up guy. I know how you feel. I let that 340rules guy get to me.

Thrashard, interesting you bring up 340rules because I believe we have another reincarnation on our hands. Hmmmm? Actually ... I was thinking of mopar1962 and not 340rules.

I would not worry too much. After reading that post, between his sarcastic, antagonistic attitude, random diatribes, and overall piss poor attitude, I consider your remarks to be appropriate.

Hell, I here by commend you for actions!!!:salute:

Dont worry about. The member that was arguing with everyone (Mopar3762) was banned for the second time. Do a search for member Mopar1962. Same person, Same games.

-
Back