Are Double Barrels More Fun?

-

Wylde1

"No Value Added" Member
Reaction score
We can't have fun "toys" like this in Canada. So I really know nothing about these kinds of "toys". But it looks damn cool.

Wylde1.

http://cowboybyte.com/5361/have-you...l-45-caliber-pistol-ready-to-hit-the-shelves/

The folks over at the Firearms Blog found this incredible new design created by Arsenal Firearms, who provided these photos and the video below.
The AF team is clearly proud of their achievement, writing on their site that:
“To commemorate the legendary Colt 1911-A1 in the Centenary by making a true industrial market-ready double barrel .45 caliber pistol. We achieved success in the brief span of 6 months, after intense and round-the-clock 3D designing, stereolithographic modeling and parts machining.”

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM-DGaNmtA0"]AF2011-A1 "Second Century" - Double barrel pistol - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• Double-Barreled-Pistol1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 278
Someone, might have been me, I don't remember, already posted this. I think it's totally stupid. I doubt like hell that you can hit much with that thing, so you better hope you scare the bad guy to death.

Isn't THAT gonna make a mess when it decides to pop off "full auto?"

I'd like to have one, just to have one. Trying to master it for accuracy would be a real challenge. Would also make a great conversation piece. lol

I think you would look weird....but it could be a life changing experience. Now about the gun I would shoot it.

I think you would look weird....but it could be a life changing experience. Now about the gun I would shoot it.

:sign5:

It's prolly a bad idea because we have a lot of dumb people here who would try dual wielding like in the movies and shooting themselves.

Best used up close for personal ...... devastation of your adversary.

Frankie is right on the conversation piece and one better have some really big hands/long fingers. They could cut it in half and have a nice market for left handed shooters.

Are you talking personal defense, or home security? If you're talking personal defense, it's sheer size isn't very intimidating and it's short barrel although makes it perfect for concealment won't aid in accuracy which is a definite necessity when you've only got two rounds.

For home security, it's an absolute joke. I'm all for accurate shooting, but at the same time, I prefer being able to drop an intruder. I hope if you don't already have one, that you pick up a nice 12 ga with some 00 buck and a short barrel. The racking of the round is enough to scare the crap out of someone.

All in all, it's a nice little novelty and looks to be well made. I like the old card player, maverick look.

Are you talking personal defense, or home security? If you're talking personal defense, it's sheer size isn't very intimidating and it's short barrel although makes it perfect for concealment won't aid in accuracy which is a definite necessity when you've only got two rounds.

For home security, it's an absolute joke. I'm all for accurate shooting, but at the same time, I prefer being able to drop an intruder. I hope if you don't already have one, that you pick up a nice 12 ga with some 00 buck and a short barrel. The racking of the round is enough to scare the crap out of someone.

All in all, it's a nice little novelty and looks to be well made. I like the old card player, maverick look.

I have just about every pistol caliber from a .22 to a .480 Ruger. When I built my house I built an 8'x 6' gun room that is surrounded by solid concrete and steel door with a combination. So you could say that home defense is not an issue. :thumblef: As far as CC goes, people stop carrying them, because of comfort and size of the pistol and I have to admit that I am kind of the same way. You yourself should know that most altercations happen within 5'. If two shots of .45 Colt in the right hands won't put someone down then there is no personal defense.

I archery hunt big game every year and have hunted in many of the western states in wilderness areas. I have ran across quite a few mountain lions and bears over the years. I get sick of carrying my M&P, because of the extra weight. When packing in by yourself for days at a tome and hunting above 10,000' what you carry comes down to ounces, so the Bond Arms Derringer should fit the bill. A bear or mountain lion in most cases are on top of you before you know it, so accuracy is out the window.

I have just about every pistol caliber from a .22 to a .480 Ruger. When I built my house I built an 8'x 6' gun room that is surrounded by solid concrete and steel door with a combination. So you could say that home defense is not an issue. :thumblef: As far as CC goes, people stop carrying them, because of comfort and size of the pistol and I have to admit that I am kind of the same way. You yourself should know that most altercations happen within 5'. If two shots of .45 Colt in the right hands won't put someone down then there is no personal defense.

I archery hunt big game every year and have hunted in many of the western states in wilderness areas. I have ran across quite a few mountain lions and bears over the years. I get sick of carrying my M&P, because of the extra weight. When packing in by yourself for days at a tome and hunting above 10,000' what you carry comes down to ounces, so the Bond Arms Derringer should fit the bill. A bear or mountain lion in most cases are on top of you before you know it, so accuracy is out the window.

Oh wow, I've always dreamed about building my own home with a nice gun vault like that. Sounds pretty amazing.

Yeah, a bear or mt lion wouldn't be intimidated by the size of any rifle, pistol, knife etc. So that would be a pretty good use for a gun like that. Have you ever shot a .45 that small before? I never have, but man can I imagine the wrist flick from a .45/410 round.

Oh wow, I've always dreamed about building my own home with a nice gun vault like that. Sounds pretty amazing.

Yeah, a bear or mt lion wouldn't be intimidated by the size of any rifle, pistol, knife etc. So that would be a pretty good use for a gun like that. Have you ever shot a .45 that small before? I never have, but man can I imagine the wrist flick from a .45/410 round.

LOL. I would rather have a sore wrist than dead. :thumblef:

Any one that has fired a .45 knows they kick pretty good.I would dread fireing off two at the same time,but that would look good beside my 1911..45's have been known to bust noses on the unprepared.

-
Back