assmonkey

-
If idiocy is entertaining to you, then watch away. If they are talking about dodge,they are talking about family. Im probably the furthest thing from uptight, im just not so easily entertained.

C'mon dude, it's a car manufacturer. I'm pretty sure the feeling isn't mutual. They don't give a crap about you or anything besides the almighty buck.

C'mon dude, it's a car manufacturer. I'm pretty sure the feeling isn't mutual. They don't give a crap about you or anything besides the almighty buck.

Its more than that to me, why is this so distressing for some of you? I have family members who work for dodge,friends who work for dodge etc...my first car was a dodge,grandpa drove a dodge, so yes it is family for me. If that bothers you so much,ignore my post.

Most of you uptight guys need to learn to take these shows for what they are. Entertainment! Some of you guys get butt hurt over them making fun of dodge. Who cares chill out not like they are talking about your family.
what you talkin bout willis er rick er willis er rick....lol

I would need at least 26 hours of bitching just to cover the crap put out on TV in a 24 hour day.

That's why I change the channel or turn it off.

I like watching the assmonkeys show. it was tough watching them stuff a bunch of ford and chevy parts in a dodge truck. They need to stick to ruining ford and chevys lol!

I'm not upset, I laugh that someone would accept that as decent work.

Yeah, everytime i think of their work i think that rusty wagon they did. Take a pos biscayne i think it was, slap in an LS w/ 10-15k air ride suspension, put in a cheap interior and sell to some poor idiot for 30k

edit: my mistake, it was a rambler wagon

Fullscreen-capture-7262013-71821-PM.bmp.jpg

It's okay. It's entertainment. It's a hell of a lot better than dancing with the stars.
A lot of people don't realize that it is scripted and all set up. All of these ''reality'' shows are.
The amount of money them and the Count buy and flip cars for is unrealistic.
It's just a show, take it with a grain of salt.
I watch it because i'm a car guy. I like to watch the builds.
The drama I can do without, but whatever, they are trying to rope people in that know very little about cars to watch this.
Come on now........
You guys are serious? They're not. They have their own car show on t.v., do you?
They have it made. Why?
Because everyone is talking about it.
Whose the real assmonkeys?
Not them.

Its. Fun show, like top gear. And yes show is scriped they even make fun about it being scripted. I think todays tv best, semi factual car show today is wheeler dealers, they acually show what they do to those cars.

X2 on the wheeler dealers.......I get a kick out of the mechanic trying to squeeze into some of those little foreign cars:) I also like the gas monkey stuff. Not so much the builds just the people and stories.

I have to agree w/ DartNut. At least it's better than Honey-Boo-Boo!!!...GADS!!!

I'll watch any of these "car shows" when there's nothin' else better on.

Attachments

• k-medium.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 463
It don't matter what "car show" comes on someone always bitches about it. If You don't like it don't watch it. Simple!

It works !
1968FormulaS340
This message is hidden because 1968FormulaS340 is on your ignore list.
:blob::blob::blob:
Now if he logs in his wife name got her blocked too....

lol thats funny

If your life is so wrapped up around these cars that you get upset over what people say in regards to a car YOU need help.....Honestly....it aint nothing but a bunch of nuts and bolts......Let me guess......you are one of those folks that throws a tantrum over some one putting a different brand motor or trans in one of these old buckets?

Hell, as a Mopar owner I'm the first one to make fun of 'em.

The entire family is Mopar, with the exception of a few Fords (my old man and me), a few GM's (my oldest brother-in-law and my oldest niece), and one loan Hyundai.

Including my siblings' families, my folks, and me there's 17 Mopars in the family (and I own nine of them) compared to eight Brand X. Every time one of them breaks I'm the first one to say, "Damned Mopars!" My older sister usually takes exception to this, blasting me for owning a Hyundai (damned Asians), 'til I remind her that I own more Mopars than anyone in the family (and one of her's is a Mitsu based Chrysler. Damned Asians.)

But then again, every time my Ford gives me problems I'm the first to say, "At least Ford circled the problem."

Sounds like a new reality show, "people bitching about tv reality shows"
it could be a hit:argue:

All this over a TV show? Funny.
If you militant Mopar guys get that upset over a TV show, then this will really get your panties in a wade.
Check this out, a Dodge Dart with a Pontiac in it.The guy is a total diehard Mopar guy, has several Mopars, but he and his dad (who was highly respected at our track and has passed away),built this car together before he died
The reason for the Pontcho, is because His dad was a pontcho guy, and crashed his firebird which this motor was in.This is what made them both happy.
Now if that is not enough, the pontcho is really a small block motor, and this thing runs 8:90's all day long. He runs "Pro" with it, it's a cogger (Lenco) He cuts killer lights. He also just won a wally with it 2 weeks ago.
Skrews knows this car well, so does Inkjunky
Phil is like family,well loved and highly respected by all us Mopar guys.
As far as joking about Mopars, I love Mopars,really partial to them, but don't dislike any other car. That is what freedom is about.I joke all the time that I am going to put a Chevy in my Valiant. Heck, my best Mopar friend said when he saw a really nice S/G 66 Cuda with a BB chev in it, that the reason he could afford such nice paint is because he had a chevy in it!
On a seperate side note, I would have rather seen a late Hemi in the Dodge picken' up, but hey, what's cheap is cheap.It was their build, their cash.

Attachments

• hulow 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 427
  • hudlow.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 432
I like watching it, scripted, of course, Richard an assmonkey of course, but he's the reason the shows on the air. Aaron knows his stuff. I tune in to see what they say he makes or loses, does one really know what he makes or loses? They did expand their shop significantly-so someone's making $$$$. Does one really care? Cars are both individual and subjective, that's why it's a personal choice. Mopar, Ford, Chevy, tuners, resto-mods there's something out there for everyone. I personally like that they expose younger generations to older cars and make them "cool" and appealing to those younger people. There is going to be a day when these old cars won't mean much, unless the torch is passed on. And in closing, I like the builds where they left the car as is on the exterior,(the Rambler Wagon, Dodge truck), and put modern drive-trains and suspensions in them. The body has a lot of character, that took many years to obtain, and they now have the reliability and ride quality of a modern car, again my choice.

i like watching it, scripted, of course, richard an assmonkey of course, but he's the reason the shows on the air. Aaron knows his stuff. I tune in to see what they say he makes or loses, does one really know what he makes or loses? They did expand their shop significantly-so someone's making $$$$. Does one really care? Cars are both individual and subjective, that's why it's a personal choice. Mopar, ford, chevy, tuners, resto-mods there's something out there for everyone. I personally like that they expose younger generations to older cars and make them "cool" and appealing to those younger people. There is going to be a day when these old cars won't mean much, unless the torch is passed on. And in closing, i like the builds where they left the car as is on the exterior,(the rambler wagon, dodge truck), and put modern drive-trains and suspensions in them. The body has a lot of character, that took many years to obtain, and they now have the reliability and ride quality of a modern car, again my choice.

x2!!

I like watching it, scripted, of course, Richard an assmonkey of course, but he's the reason the shows on the air. Aaron knows his stuff. I tune in to see what they say he makes or loses, does one really know what he makes or loses? They did expand their shop significantly-so someone's making $$$$. Does one really care? Cars are both individual and subjective, that's why it's a personal choice. Mopar, Ford, Chevy, tuners, resto-mods there's something out there for everyone. I personally like that they expose younger generations to older cars and make them "cool" and appealing to those younger people. There is going to be a day when these old cars won't mean much, unless the torch is passed on. And in closing, I like the builds where they left the car as is on the exterior,(the Rambler Wagon, Dodge truck), and put modern drive-trains and suspensions in them. The body has a lot of character, that took many years to obtain, and they now have the reliability and ride quality of a modern car, again my choice.
Must have something to do with being a Hoosier cause I agree!

What's funnier than the show are the comments about the show itself when the original post had NOTHING to do with the concept of the show.

Carry on LMAO

Like the show or not, you can't deny the main guy has some stones. He and his rich buddy still hold the record for the fastest cross country drive in the Gumball Rally.

It`s one of the better car shows but any car that`s done in a week is a perfumed pig. I like some of the builds better than others and they are sometimes pretty funny. Aaron is a bit of an opinionated *** and it`s seems it`s either his way or nothing-like he knows everything-not every car needs to have airbags!!!

-
Back