Avatar/signature vs. true personality?

-
My avatar is a past shot of my youth :) When I was in, like 4th or 5th grade, there were basically two crowds for toys: STomper 4x4 crowd and the Star Wars crowd.
I was Stompers :D Stomper 4x4's were the thing at recess, or if the teacher went to the copier for 5 minutes..... and when we moved from Colo. to Mizzoury, our 6th grade class there let school out for a stomper pull :D

Nobody has ever asked or made a remark about my avatar :)

Dang, you must be young, lol. My friends and I had a bunch of Stompers. Did the sled and all. That was around 1981?? I was 18 years old and was in the middle of building my own little stomper in picture below.

I didn't put much thought into my avatar. I'll have to think about what to go with next. Most of us old guys should know what your avatar is from @j par , now your screen, no idea where that came from, lol.

Toy Pickup.jpg

This is an interesting topic that I've never given a lot of thought about... I pick my avatar by finding something kinda offbeat. That might fit my personality, I guess... My wife tells me I'm a bit "different"...

But I've never thought about judging anyone based on their avatar! I suppose I do, unconsciously, but I would say that's more just based on the first few times I read what someone has to say.

My avatar is my car as purchased. (I have updated my Avatar) I should update it to the finished car but cannot bring myself to make another photo of the car that small.
The quote is a line from a song I like, I change them infrequently.
My signature is a photo of my environment leaving on a Tuna run off the pacific coast.
I think my posts reflect my true personality and age, can't hide who we are-------------
I like the site but my car is finished and I am not going to do another A-body. Just come for the entertainment now--------------------
It's just the internet baby------------------not medicine!!!!!

Last edited:
I guess mine is quite reflective of what my life has been, in numerous ways.

My car the day i bought it,i have been accused of being able to fix anything,sometimes with nothing. and ben drinkin suggested the latter today,seems as luck would have it i get stuck extracting broken bolts.
And username,well who isnt?
I like my tools,thats my thing.

Last edited:
Well when I joined tried to think of something clever but I obviously failed miserably. But last time I checked I'm a man and my name is Dan. And until my 17 y o got interested I haven't owned a Mopar in 32 years. Except for my 2003 Dodge Ram. I'm 54. Now that I'm back they will probably bury me in one. It's funny when my son and I started disassembling this car it was like sitting down and chatting with an old friend, or riding a bike, you know? Just comfortable, and right. Been too long.

I have had people recognize me from the picture even though it is only part of my face and partly in the shade. Oh, it is also a reverse image.
Many people do not have symmetrical faces. Their right and left sides look slightly different.

I took a photo of and old photo cause it kinda stretched the body line and enlarged the rear, kinda like what time has done to me. The 69conv can be interpreted as to how many times I've been convicted of messing up.

Don't care what people think or say. I am a female in a male shark tank and some have made assumptions and accusations about me without knowing me from Adam.

Doesn't matter or bother me because i went to auto school and got bullied there so I have seen worse weather than fabo.

All I know is that when I need a part or info for my car, fabo is reliable and gets me where I want to go. I am not going anywhere because I love my cars and work on my own cars. If cars would not have come into life, I have no idea where I would be because I was a teen in a foreign country with no direction or plan in life and probably destined for trouble. Then cars gave me a reason to work hard at something and be focused so I hold my cars dear and I have had a few of my cars for quite a long time now.

So people can say whatever while I go cruising in my dart.

Met Greg AKA Trailbeast ,a couple of years back . His posts, match his mindset : To the point , and quite intellectual. The crazy ostrich with the mopar hat ,fits :)

I pick avatar that move me , in music , movies , and occasionally something wacky offbeat funny.

I usually post an avatar that describes what my life is like.

Before the current one, my family thought of me as Superman, living through everything I've been through.

My current avatar is the cover of Superman #75, where he and Doomsday "killed" each other.

Superman's cape tattered and torn and waving in the breeze. Another sign of my life. I even have it tattooed on my left bicep. It's how I feel now, with life seemingly coming apart on me.

There will be a time where the logo will be whole again. My boys still think Daddy's Superman.

There will come a time I agree with them, again.

View attachment 1715119237
Hope relief comes sooner, rather than later. Cause I can kinda feel what you're going through. And my avatar is my car the day I got it.

My name and Avatar has nothing to hide, and all I will ever be is me memike with a dream, this was the very first site to ever join and I get a kick out of looking at old posts learning to spell words as well as I could :rofl: I am an easy mark for key board bullies :thankyou:

My avatar is a shot of Jake's 65 that we built together as a true father teach and learn with your son project. He was going on 15 when we dragged it home. He drove it to high school for his senior year. He's now 21, married, new house and going to college part time. Other than really enjoying building the car with him, I just think it's a cool shot of half the front end. My user name , I've had for 15+ years on a few different sites - I have a 69 Fury convertible that I dragged home when Jake was just 2 years old. I have 2 email addresses. One is ragtopfury and the other is mopar.mark. so yeah, my online life is a picture into part of who I am.

I guess I wasn't in a very creative mood when I joined up here because I just went with my name? I like to change my avatar up periodically just to keep things lively. The "Let's Go!" quote came from when I had a Cars album as my avatar and that is one of my favorite songs by them. It sort of sums up my life. It can be taken to mean I'm up for anything or I'm ready to fight. Just depends on the mood I'm in. Here's the original avatar.
The_Cars_-_Heartbeat_City.jpg

My avatar now was taken at the first car show I went to after my car was off the road for two years. It was at Arrowhead stadium where I've been known to spend a few Sunday afternoons.

-
Back