Barrett-Jackson Pix

-
In terms of the Falcon trailer, I would have turned it around and put red bulbs in the headlights.

I know I'm a little wierd about stuff like that.

Hey 6Pac I wasnt to far off with my prediction was I. LoL

Almost spot on there Bronx. :thumblef:

Prices were down considerably from their highs in 2007. I saw many cars there that were not nearly the quality of resto as in years past. I suspect many would-be sellers passed on selling this year due to the uncertainty of the economy. Don't get me wrong.....the majority of the cars were "top notch", but I saw more than ever before that IMO did not belong. The BJ people normally only accept the "cream of the crop". :dontknow:

Sweet 71 Cuda.....There were alot of E-Body cars here, but I only took pix of a couple......This one obviously caught my eye :toothy10:

Those wheels ruin the good looks of that cuda',can't stand those big Foose type wheels on ANY old muscle cars..:angry7:

What happened to the '74 Swinger? Wow, they gave it away. That's why I would NEVER put a car in an auction with NO reserve. BTW the Plymouth Superbird brought $501,000. Not bad for a junk yard car that was an ordinary Plymouth Satelitte. The car was brought back from the dead and the Nascar powertrain donated by Ray Evernham, then driven on stage by Richard Petty to create some "excitement". The man that bought it bid $500,000 and then bid against himself to raise the price $1000.00 just to beat the Jeff Gordon car (#24) which brought $500,000. Did you also notice that the Tony Stewart car (#20) only brought $165,000? Wow, doesn't anyone like him?

That '74 Dart was a bargain. 6500 miless????? Please tell me someone around here bought it!

A bargain for sure at $6K. Yea, that would be great if a FABO member bought it....

I'm not positive, but might have been one of the least $$$ cars thru the auction block all week. It went thru Thrs. morning not long after we got to the stage area. You can see from my earlier pix in this thread how empty the bidding chairs were that morning. Sorry for the seller, too cheap IMO.

Here are a couple more pix I took of it later in the afternoon after it sold. :cheers:

BJ Pix 2009 091.jpg

BJ Pix 2009 092.jpg

What happened to the '74 Swinger? Wow, they gave it away. That's why I would NEVER put a car in an auction with NO reserve. BTW the Plymouth Superbird brought $501,000. Not bad for a junk yard car that was an ordinary Plymouth Satelitte. The car was brought back from the dead and the Nascar powertrain donated by Ray Evernham, then driven on stage by Richard Petty to create some "excitement". The man that bought it bid $500,000 and then bid against himself to raise the price $1000.00 just to beat the Jeff Gordon car (#24) which brought $500,000. Did you also notice that the Tony Stewart car (#20) only brought $165,000? Wow, doesn't anyone like him?

I watched every bit of that... I about choked when Bill Goldman said "Thank you for donating ... that rust bucket (Satellite) for this cause." Or something close to that. Then he quickly turned it around about how it was a new car now.

Those wheels ruin the good looks of that cuda',can't stand those big Foose type wheels on ANY old muscle cars..:angry7:

Was that the black cuda at the end auction on Saturday? I've been wanting pictures of that cuda but it will not allow copying pictures.

'74 swinger with 6500 miles for 6k..and you think they undersold it??..what do you honestly think its worth??...

how to type info in between the pix...LOL

once you download your pictures before posting thread click on manage photo's, you will be able to pick the picture add text, pick next picture, add more text

Wish I could have seen more of the auction. The AAR convertible would be a great buy at 38K

'74 swinger with 6500 miles for 6k..and you think they undersold it??..what do you honestly think its worth??...

I wondered what everyone here thinks it should have gone for. it would be a fantastic car to have in the garage but if I could only have one or two, it wouldn't be in there at all. I think $6500 for ANY stock 74 Dart is fair money. Now if it was 72 or older...

$6500 for a 74 dart with 2 miles would great money! In real life and no disrespect ment but top dollar is not a cent over what they were new. $3500-$4000 Max. Lets be real the ONLY i stress ONLY reason it got that much is because it was at barret if you saw that car in the bargan new or on Ebay you would post it here and say look at this nut.

One other rant. Bill W. paid $501,000 for a cool drivable Super Satellite that he can use as a tax write off because it was a "charitable donation" which I think wasnt a bad idea if i had the money. So he wasnt that crazy.

-
Back