Beards

-
I grew out a full beard 5 or so years ago. Itchy stage only lasted a week or two. Work just made us all shave for N95 fit tests. Said it was a requirement for employment. To say I was pissed would be an understatement.

I have to take fit tests with work.

That's why I keep it all inside the mask.

Full Manchu with a goatee. Everyone else runs around shaving, and here I am, going about my daily routine with a respirator

I have to take fit tests with work.

That's why I keep it all inside the mask.

Full Manchu with a goatee. Everyone else runs around shaving, and here I am, going about my daily routine with a respirator

The guy at work who was giving the tests (who is not a qualified medical professional and was also not sanitizing the equipment in-between tests) was automatically failing anyone with facial hair regardless if they could pass or not.

The guy at work who was giving the tests (who is not a qualified medical professional and was also not sanitizing the equipment in-between tests) was automatically failing anyone with facial hair regardless if they could pass or not.

A safety guy tried that with me at one of the train builders I worked for.

Pointed out to him the OSHA reg that states if the hair doesn't interfere with the seal he can take his, "clean shaven, no facial hair," crap and shove it. I took the test and passed.

Second train builder sent folks out to an occ med walk in. Much better professional environment.

My facial hair is inside the respirator.

Tells me the guy at your workplace doesn't know what the regs are and just wants to cover his ***, like the safety guy.

I grow mine out every winter. I spend a lot of time outside and the extra fur on my face keeps the northern chill off. I usually stop shaving around October 1st and let it run wild with minimal trimming until about May 1st. My wife hates it, says it “tickles”.
Only time it annoys me is when it gets little ice balls in it when it’s really cold out.

1EEAC418-A8EC-4F07-B134-CE5600C283EC.jpeg

I've had a stash goatee before, but i get tired of them after about a year.

I think they kinda add years to ones appearance.

I decided to let my mustache grow at about 16. The old man corners me one Saturday in the garage while workin' on the hot rod Ranchero. "Why cultivate something on your upper lip, when it grows wild around your a$#hole?". I have only been without that mustache twice since then :lol:

How did your dad know what your asshole looked like at 16 years of age?
That story is creepy, dude.

Tells me the guy at your workplace doesn't know what the regs are and just wants to cover his ***, like the safety guy.

This was the safety guy, he could care less. Just doing what admin told him to.

-
Back