Best pistons for street 340?

-

muddacres

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for pistons for my 340? It is going to be .040 over compression under 9.5 and under. Do I use forged or cast pistions? I don't have my heads yet.
Jim

The forged are stronger, if you plan on using nitrous or doing a lot of racing the forged would be the way to go. If its just a driver you don't need the forged, just stick with a good quality piece.

I used KB 243 in my 340, with un-cut X heads my compression ended up right at 8.98:1 static compression. I used a Luntuni 603 voodoo cam and the dynamic compression ended up right at 8.06:1 which is perfect for a pump gas motor.
Added LD 340 intake, 700 holley dp and headers, it makes a nice little street motor.

I run the KB-243 pistons. Good quality piston for the price. Been in my engine for 20 years no problems. Just make sure to follow instructions for ring gap.

Fred B

I run the KB-243 pistons. Good quality piston for the price. Been in my engine for 20 years no problems. Just make sure to follow instructions for ring gap.

Fred B

This ^^^^

The KB 243 'Hypereutectic' is an excellent choice, as they have been
'tried and true' tested and are proved to be reliable.

Piston Weight... 597 Grams
Piston Pin......... 132 Grams

Compression Ratio = 9.60 with 68 CC Cylinder Heads

Don't know what's best , but I use the Mahle forged in my 340 , light and strong .

Above are listed 2 KB slugs. 1 A HyperU name the other a forged.
The Hyper slugs are fine. I have run them before in a couple of engines.
sirelands post is an excellent idea build combo.

KB aka Icon does not show a forged piston for a 340....

-
Back