Beware of 604B1duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why I am wary of "sellers" who come here just to sell stuff. Single digit post count, all to sell. They probably have accounts at the ford and chevy sites too. Like the fleabay'ers.

I actually had good luck from 1st time sellers on here due to many members think it is a scam.

Last edited:
To my way of thinking they were indeed spoken for, by you, the first to respond...therefore, first in line. It's the same on any website. If I sell something and the first responder needs a few minutes, or even a couple days to do his research or get questions answered, everybody else waits in line. If I am interested in a seller's item, and the first to post, I expect the same courtesy.
I consider first to post on the thread securing your place in line over a PM, as it is public.

Last edited:
I don't understand what the problem is.
You just got beat to the headers.
He paid first. You loose.

While it would have been nice to give you the first shot, he did pay first. He new what they were and hopped on it.
Maybe he gambled on the tube size, maybe he didn't or didn't care.

Why beware? Is there an agreement between you two that I don't see? He has parts for sale, they are priced,it's an open forum. Curtesy goes both ways,you need to understand that you may be holding up a sale for him. If he agrees to wait until you decide then there is your agreement, if nothing has been discussed then you owe him and everyone an apology.

There is always gonna be 2 sides to this type of problem. Perhaps Joey and "the Staff" need to sit down and come up with a policy of some sorts...and make it a sticky in all of the classified sections to avoid this type of thing as it has happened repeatedly..might avoided some unnecessary hardship between members...just saying...

can be confusing...two sets offered...word interested use....asked for size..did not state intent to buy if size met criteria nor which set was primary interest....more like a bit of tire kicking than an offer....I don't have a dog in this fight but if I did he would shake paws before barking...

ground rules need to established...basically any ad should not allow any negotiations in open forum..question to size and application is valid to further define the product...PM is your avenue to secure

As far as I'm concerned, the seller can sell to whomever they choose. Until they accept payment from a buyer, its up to them to choose the buyer. There is no "line" or "I messaged first". People offer to buy things all the time, then stall with payment or ask a zillion questions. Some sellers list a part somewhere else too. Nothing wrong with that, but if the seller wants to sell to someone else, its totally up to them.

I only care that people who actually pay, get what they pay for, and get it in a reasonable period of time.

As far as I'm concerned, the seller can sell to whomever they choose. Until they accept payment from a buyer, its up to them to choose the buyer. There is no "line" or "I messaged first". People offer to buy things all the time, then stall with payment or ask a zillion questions. Some sellers list a part somewhere else too. Nothing wrong with that, but if the seller wants to sell to someone else, its totally up to them.

I only care that people who actually pay, get what they pay for, and get it in a reasonable period of time.
Well- it looks like you have overstepped your bounds by calling out two members. The problem with this kind of threads is the long reaching effects to the members you have trashed. By you playing the victim card-unjustly-people have been scarred. You have sold/bought nothing until money changes hands. And that my friend are the "rules".

Further more, you damage there reputation and it may make it harder to sell items.

On the flip side, you look really bad and I would be wary to sell to you once the truth of the matter comes out and Inas a seller may not like what I see. Be it your justified or not, that could be your point of veiw or not.

I had a guy throw a huge ***** fot and created a tremendous stink over this very thing. "I posted first! Look at the time I posted! I deserve the part!" And on top of it all, full price was not in his wallet!

I just logged on, opened up a PM and there was the offer. SOLD!
Simple as that.

well i understand your feeling that you didn't get a fair shake on the headers . but just like a swap meet , every bodies looking at the parts , price is given , its not who asked first , its who pays first at a swap meet . if your interested in them you try to secure the deal , not just think about it . i been the loser and the winner , as joeychgo '' there is no line '' .

pomonamissel like your truck avatar....miss mine....440/727 4 WD monster...

sorry only pic at moment on my computer is a background shot...

403.jpg

bigaadams , thanks on my avatar pic , its a 41 dodge weapons carrier , with a standard cab , its pretty stock 54-55 dodge p/u flathead in it . that is what i learned to drive in at 14 yrs . pop put me to do the pre-start check , '' peddle starter next to the gas peddle , pull choke '' then fire it up , warm it up a bit , push the choke half way in . load everyone in , three in the cab sometimes . and go . my family cut xmas tree and bought them down from the mountains to our sales lot . there was a lot of life skills learned though that time in my life . you know wax on wax off stuff , lol . and i'm glad we hung on to it , i'm not sure the mods but some are to be done . its classic although . oh ya did this guys cable issues get resolved ? as my idea was just a repair of what he had . oh and one more idea , i keep an extra new cable for my racey shifters in the car , tool box , rig you pull it around with . stow one new one somewhere . i've broken mine on racey car on the way somewhere . its never the time your ready for it to happen , and always the wrong clothes .

DSC04743.JPG

DSC04744.JPG

DSC04745.JPG

DSC04746.JPG

Thanks fratzog I've been saying that for several years since I joined, I think it acts as a good buffer. Also helps establish an actual presence here not just 1 post in an ad.
Or if you want to sell right away it costs you a goldmembership. To many people peddling crap here, using us as a craigslist.

I am not in support of either side, so remember that if you reply to me.

First, where are these "rules" you are talking about? I was not aware any existed. Not being a smartass, but totally serious. I understand your reasoning, first to respond "should" be first in line. I get that. But where is it written down?

Secondly, I have to agree, I would sell to the first "I'll take it" and payment received I got. That's just business. That's how it works.

If you feel I am missing something, please let me know.

I just wished they had to post method of payments. In today's world, the common method is Pay Pal in a forum like this. We deal, come to an agreement, and then they don't accept Pay Pal. Should post "no pay pal" if they don't want pay pal

I agree with that. I mean seriously. We're all on the internet on an internet forum and you don't take Paypal? How absolutely flaming ghey is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back