Biohazard

-
Could NOT find the hardware for the fish plate on the rear seat back. Browsed the "Interior Parts For Sale" listings and, luckily, someone posted a photo of that plate with its securing screws. Knowing what I was looking for,
I was able to find them in a gallon size ziploc full of hardware. Wire brushed and polished them and got the plate affixed to the cushion.

Polished screw heads are probably a ding from the concours judges but then so is the silver paint in the backing plate (behind the lever).

Brilliant, Gerald! And those should be at Lowe's or such - pretty easy. I doubt they would be long enough for the rear bench but definitely enough for the buckets.

I'm hoping to get some more carpet glued down tomorrow, maybe some more paint work on the interior trim panels.

Those are all over the side of the road. Just help yourself...

I have a few in my side lot marking phone and gas lines. The wire is a tad thicker than what came out of the seats. I suppose I could space them a bit wider to compensate or just run with a slightly stiffer seat cushion. Getting the length for the rear seat is another story, though.

Slowly getting the cargo hold assembled.

These got another coat of paint. should install tomorrow...

Trimming up the carpet on the security panel using a utility knife and a mapp torch.

The edge after cutting -

- and after carterizing

Slow and steady at this point...every painted panel gets a rub down with "Nu Finish" the once a year car polish blah blah....it adds a layer of protection and make's 'em less susceptible to fingerprints vs. the bare gloss black paint.

I'm also using gloss black screws in the trim just below the rear glass. Subtle design enhancement.

If the people on the assembly line making hoods had machine guns.....

I actually can't wait to see your finished product. Or mine, for that matter.

I've seen this debated on the forum: the rear cargo panels, if not carpeted, are in fact covered with vinyl. Sandblaster reveals all.

...but since it's getting covered with carpet a la "deluxe" interior, who cares?

Glued the carpet to the rights side panel. A little more involved than the left because you have to install the rear window defog blower.

Scrubbed the red paint off the blower grille and sprayed it black.

Excess carpet trimmed off...

Gotta rub a little polish on the steel trim panels and then struggle it all in.

Since I'm focused on getting the rear seat/rear cargo area wrapped up, I need to go ahead and order window felts. The originals are straight-up trash and I pulled them out yesterday. A little harder than I thought due to some rust on the clips and the slots that they slide into.

Parts are now jumping into the car. (that's a LOL, by the way) Here's the cargo area coming together...

The package shelf makes a terrific place to set painted parts while using the car's hull as a drying booth. *note electric space heater. The L shaped stainless trim is just in there for safekeeping. It will be one of the last pieces to go in after all the stamped metal panels are installed.

So I really want to get the rear seat in there.... but...
The side panels and new window sweeps have to go in before that...
The sheet metal on the side walls down near the floor have to be painted before that...
I have to apply some gap sealant where the wheel house meets the floor next to the rear seat bottom before that....

I guess that's my itinerary.

By the way, I did get a nice replacement trim piece for my rear seat. Polished up real nice and, aside from bolting the hinges to the sides, I'm calling this piece done.

What's looking good is my parts shelf....now with fewer parts on it! :mrgreen:

-
Back