Boosted 318 Pickup on Facebook!!

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
A cousin shared this on Facebook! Looks to be legitimate.

Guy's name is Dave Vraa.

"New to the group, my junk is a low buck sleeper. 81 D-150 4x4. I've got under $1000 buck in the truck. Truck cost me 2 cans of diet Coke. Napa rebuilt 318 $150, GT-45 turbo $249 to my door. Engine was new and never sold, plastic got ripped and motor got filled up with dirt. Pulled motor apart cleaned it up measure compression degreed the cam in. On my Land&Sea dyno it made 160 hp through the factory intake, 2bbl, factory exhaust manifolds, had to cheat the motor up a bit to get that much too. Set the cam straight up, o-ringed the deck, installed copper head gaskets. made up a drawthrough system using the factory 2bbl intake, 800cfm thermoquad. On 110 octane race gas it made 536hp&586ftlbs@24lbs of boost@4800rpm. In the truck on the street I've backed the boost down to 12-13lbs. and runs on 87 octane, made 365hp."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 117
More from Dave:

"It made a believer out of me. Other than the o-ringed deck and copper head gaskets the motor is dead nuts stock. After installing it in the truck I was road testing and tuning one day. I had used a plastic mallet to install the exhaust pipe to the down pipe off the turbo. I didn't clamp or weld it figuring I'd be pulling stuff apart a time or two. Well at 65mph in 4th gear at WOT the pipe fell off. Instantly it went to 24lbs of boost. It felt like a stroker 440, slammed me back in the seat. About 2 seconds later the motor reved to the moon and I got out of the throttle. I thought the truck was spinning the tires. A second later I smelt clutch smoke,the motor had run right through a new clutch. It was also running on 87 octane fuel, the end result was 3 cracked pistons. But fear not, for $149 delivered to my door was a full set of new cast pistons nad rings. I replaced the 3 and now have 5 spares."

Baha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

My new hero! With a TQ no less.

-
Back