Boosted 451!

-
Working out some bugs right now I hope to get him on the dyno next couple of weeks I did manage to get the hood painted and on!

Attachments

• 10153771_10201805452410270_1486151309_n.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 362
Here you go the sound is not that great but I'm not a movie maker!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-wjWqwZ4E&feature=youtu.be"]70 Dart Rear Mount Turbo - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks!!! Good to see it running. Another massively overpowered mopar...

I'm going to tune it for the street and I hope to put it on our dyno the next two weeks had a friend come over yesterday and showed me how to set up my MSD digital 7 box this thing is awesome you can do so much with it, Next on the list is to hook up the pump for the BFPV the ''Crutch"" and I'm put a AIS meth injection system on between work and home life I hope to get some numbers soon I know it has no problem spooling the turbo lets just say it's a freaky a blast to drive!

Everyone knows that rear mount turboz don't make any power... Why on earth would you waste time doing this? ;). Happy yours seems to be running well with low boost,
Maybe I can sort out my issues and be at 8-10psi soon... 6psi is a handful already with an engine making 500hp pre forced induction... I find it funny how their are a massive amount of threads of people 'attempting' to go f/i but no one ever finishes, as most make the build too complex or don't exactly know what they are getting into before they do it. Anyways I'm happy you finally got it running and moving under it's own power! Can't wait to see the dyno numbers

Everyone knows that rear mount turboz don't make any power... Why on earth would you waste time doing this? ;). Happy yours seems to be running well with low boost,
Maybe I can sort out my issues and be at 8-10psi soon... 6psi is a handful already with an engine making 500hp pre forced induction... I find it funny how their are a massive amount of threads of people 'attempting' to go f/i but no one ever finishes, as most make the build too complex or don't exactly know what they are getting into before they do it. Anyways I'm happy you finally got it running and moving under it's own power! Can't wait to see the dyno numbers

LOL we are everywhere :poke:

Not a good update I had an oil leak around I thought it was the just the oil pan well I pulled the pan to find bearing material in the pan well the thrust bearing is whipped out not sure if it's the converter are what going to pull the motor when I cool off in a week are two!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a good update I had an oil leak around I thought it was the just the oil pan well I pulled the pan to find bearing material in the pan well the thrust bearing is whipped out not sure if it's the converter are what going to pull the motor when I cool off in a week are two!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't ran it that hard yet for the converter to Balloon right?

Do you have an anti ballooning converter? Was there at least a 3/16 gap between the converter and flex plate so it pulled the converter out of the trans just a bit to bolt to the flex plate or was it super tight?

You haven't ran it that hard yet for the converter to Balloon right?

Do you have an anti ballooning converter? Was there at least a 3/16 gap between the converter and flexplate so it pulled the converter out of the trans just a bit to bolt to the flex plate or was it super tight?

No I have not run it hard at all I have only put about 8#s at once are twice the rest it's been 4#s so no it not made that much power I don't think to do that I just rechecked my converter clearance it has 1/4'' and the drive shaft has 2'' slippage pushing it to the tranny so no issue there just going to pull the motor tomorrow take it to the machine shop and wait to see what he says.

Not a very good update on the car but I talk to the machine shop and the rear of the thrust bearing eat up the crank so now got to wait to see if it's repairable are get another crank has anyone had one welded up with out having the crank turned down. He said he wants to keep it standard if they say it's got to be turned he wants to just get another crank.

Pretty sure guys have had their cranks repaired and not turned them down. Depends how bad the job looks after it is fixed I guess. If he gets into the journals then its a problem.

Since you have it apart. For giggles check the Input Shaft end play on the transmission. Maybe the input shaft is pushing the converter forward wiping out the thrust bearing? Just something to verify.

Pretty sure guys have had their cranks repaired and not turned them down. Depends how bad the job looks after it is fixed I guess. If he gets into the journals then its a problem.

Since you have it apart. For giggles check the Input Shaft end play on the transmission. Maybe the input shaft is pushing the converter forward wiping out the thrust bearing? Just something to verify.

I have checked the converter and tranny it checked out.

-
Back