Borgeson steering pump hoses.

-

COUDA

Reaction score
Borgeson sell new steering pump hoses for Saginaw only .My steering pump is Fédéral.How to connect the federal pump to my new Bogeson steering box?

Many many ways to approach that problem

No particular order:

1...Can the seller provide you with the "ends" that fit the box so you can have your own made?
2...Some hydraulic hose shops can make ps hoses depending on the ends
3...Do you have any hoses "with good ends" which fit your pump? Hydraulic shops have ends that clamp to the cut--off ends, a form of compression fitting

I still remember this part no. from the eighties....my parts store days.........Weatherhead 06U-755 or 756 for 5/16 or 3/8 tube

06u756-3__10422.1491441069.750.500.jpg

This particular one fits common double braid hydraulic hose

Yet another way to get an existing hose end "reused" is to silver braze the bent end into a JIC flare fitting, which you can then connect to a JIC hose end crimped to the hose.

4...Parts store hoses in some brands come in three pieces.....a bent end for the box, a connecting hose, and a bent end for the pump end. If you find a cooperative parts store guy AND A PICTORIAL GUIDE you can "mix match" ends

Many many ways to approach that problem

No particular order:

1...Can the seller provide you with the "ends" that fit the box so you can have your own made?
2...Some hydraulic hose shops can make ps hoses depending on the ends
3...Do you have any hoses "with good ends" which fit your pump? Hydraulic shops have ends that clamp to the cut--off ends, a form of compression fitting

I still remember this part no. from the eighties....my parts store days.........Weatherhead 06U-755 or 756 for 5/16 or 3/8 tube

View attachment 1715188401

This particular one fits common double braid hydraulic hose

Yet another way to get an existing hose end "reused" is to silver braze the bent end into a JIC flare fitting, which you can then connect to a JIC hose end crimped to the hose.

4...Parts store hoses in some brands come in three pieces.....a bent end for the box, a connecting hose, and a bent end for the pump end. If you find a cooperative parts store guy AND A PICTORIAL GUIDE you can "mix match" ends
Thank you but all this is complicated for me.I will look for a kit.

The older style might not put out enough pressure. I had to buy a Saginaw pump from Bergman. He also has fittings to adapt the Borgeson steering box to the Mopar hose. There's 2 fittings. One larger for 69 cars. That's the one i used to finally eliminate my issues.

The older style might not put out enough pressure. I had to buy a Saginaw pump from Bergman. He also has fittings to adapt the Borgeson steering box to the Mopar hose. There's 2 fittings. One larger for 69 cars. That's the one i used to finally eliminate my issues.
Borgeson advised me to drain the ATF oil that I had used for a mineral oil. I will try and then I will advise.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BK7MFBY/?tag=joeychgo-20

-
Back