Borje Salming

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw him at 2 Leafs games this past weekend. Very sad what has happened and seems so quickly.
The Toronto Maple Leafs did a great tribute.
One of the best I have ever seen play.
The Swedish Bobby Orr

He was diagnosed with ALS

A horrible thing and probably the worst thing I can think of for an athlete, a do’er, people that don’t like to sit still.

I was "alright" until I saw his teammates on the ice with him balling. Such a smooth amazing skater.
Horrible disease.
Funny story I got tickets in the Golds for my son Garrett and my Dad to go for Christmas one year. Dad wasnt well enough to go so I went with Garrett.
Great seats about 3 rows up from ice level. The gold gave you access to some cool spots. You got to be right outside Leafs dressing room. Well there was an elevator and as we walked by Borje walked out with some friends doing up his fly lol. His nickname apparently was "tripod". I think he was playing show and tell lol.

Very talented and a class act during the 'era where hockey was about bullies! So unfortunate for him.

Dam, glad he made the journey to Toronto. I was one of the lucky ones to watch him in his prime. Another true hockey hero gone. Rest In Peace Borje. Kim

We got stuck living in Toronto (Pickering) for a few years but finally busted out... Yuuk!
But it wasn't all bad. We went to Maple Leaf Gardens a lot all through the early 70's.
At that time 30 feet above the net in the end zone they had standing room only (Blue section) for $2.00, yup 2 bucks! After the first period the Ushers would take you to any unfilled Gold or Red seat for the last 2 periods. Watching Borje skate at ice level was unbelievable and he had few equals!

Salming used to 30 plus minutes a game not the 8 to 10 min today. The Leafs worked him hard and he was up to the task . R.I.P.

-
Back