c code special order slant six?

-
slantsixdan I haven't had time to look at the engines agsin but I will this weekend. my understanding is that the casting number is on the drivers side of the engine. are there numbers somewhere else I should look for?

Yes. The casting number is on the manifold side of the block, but what you want to find is the numbers and letters stamped on an extension of the block deck (facing the sky), below and outboard of the frontmost spark plug, just inboard of the base of the alternator/coil bracket. You will probably have to clean away some grease and grime to read the stamping.

ok here's what I came up with.
my 70
engine serial pt225r35
block casting 2806830-2

my 73
engine serial 8225r172f
block casting 530-11

I Google searched and cannot find the casting number for the 73. do the gurus want to enlighten us?

Nobody said C means 198. Somebody said the 225 was the only Slant-6 available in that year, and that's what I was correcting.
yeah oldmopardude did when he answered the guys original post about the letter C in 1973 with "225 engine VS 198 standard" which is why I posted "Not in 1973 it is not".....the letter C is this guys question.....not letter B.....So to the original poster , once again you have a plain old 225....nothing special about it....If you think there is.....maybe it has some magical powers...check with slantsixdan

yeah oldmopardude did when he answered the guys original post about the letter C in 1973 with "225 engine VS 198 standard" which is why I posted "Not in 1973 it is not".....the letter C is this guys question.....not letter B.....So to the original poster , once again you have a plain old 225....nothing special about it....If you think there is.....maybe it has some magical powers...check with slantsixdan
just pick up a 76 dart lite C code has the alum. intake but only a 1BBL.

ROTFL!!!!!! Ahhh, now it's all coming into focus!!!!!

[QUOTE = "oldmopardude, post: 1971884977, membro: 18983"] para se referir ao post principal, The 198 codificado B como padrão, O C foi simplesmente para 225 opções, e o código de ordem especial seis era um E. que é o código em um táxi seis inclinado ou Police.They também teve uma transmissão 727. Tente encontrar um deles por aí. [/ QUOTE]
"Special Order 6-cylinder engine" is seldom seen. Most often it meant any of several heavy-duty engine configurations, which is why it's seldom seen—vehicles equipped that way got used up and scrapped. Could also mean a 2bbl setup starting in '67 (export only 'til '77, though by the time it was introduced for the US and Canada it had its own VIN code), maybe a 170 after 1969 outside the US (purely guessing on that one), maybe esoteric stuff like a propane fuel system, etc.
I think I have one in my garage, I bought it a few years ago.
71 model 72
engine number 1ec0038

IMG_20190208_185011.jpg

IMG_20190208_185001.jpg

IMG_20190204_162039.jpg

-
Back