cam advice

-

moparker

Reaction score
Going to Summit today to buy cam and lifter set for the Duster. Going with A Lunati set. Vodoo flat 513 533 lift, 234 242 duration. Part number 10200704. My car has a 2800 stahl, holley 750dp, 3.91 gears, 10.25 to 1 compression and a manual automatic. Sound good to you guys?

Yes, but.... Are the heads capable of the lift?

Excellent cam ran one in my 360..and yes make sure your heads can support it:D:D

That cam looks really good to me. I think it will serve you well.

Also check out Crane Cams #694561 as a viable alternative for comparison.

if your heads do not flow in the 240 to 260 range i would maybe go with the 703 voodoo ....got one in mine ....great cams the voodoo line...designed by the best cam guy in the world ...harold berkshire....you can google him and call or email him direct he loves to help guys out ....

if your heads do not flow in the 240 to 260 range i would maybe go with the 703 voodoo ....got one in mine ....great cams the voodoo line...designed by the best cam guy in the world ...harold berkshire....you can google him and call or email him direct he loves to help guys out ....

Just for the sake of correctly identifying the cam designer...it is Harold Brookshire. I'm pretty sure he is dead now.

if your heads do not flow in the 240 to 260 range i would maybe go with the 703 voodoo .....

The better the head flow the better the cam will wake up the engine.
If your heads are stock, then the performance is limited to the heads ability to breath in deeply. While it is not mandatory that the heads be ported or flow at least *** amount, it will just work better if they flow better.

Of course this also applies to the upstream and down stream of the air & fuel & exhaust.
AKA, carb, intake & exhaust.

thanks mad scientist ...wrong spelling on harolds last name ....i thought i would call him after reading this just to keep in touch as i had not talked to him in a year or so and did not think or here of anything about him passing .... but to my heartfelt surprise you were right he did pass on jan. 5th of this year ....he was 74 ...we have lost bar none the best camshaft designer in the country !!!! R.I.P. my friend ....

Thanks a lot guys! I'm sure the heads have had work since it had a solid cam, nitros and, 4.56 gear. I'm now wondering if stock pushrods will work.

The better the head flow the better the cam will wake up the engine.
If your heads are stock, then the performance is limited to the heads ability to breath in deeply. While it is not mandatory that the heads be ported or flow at least *** amount, it will just work better if they flow better.

Of course this also applies to the upstream and down stream of the air & fuel & exhaust.
AKA, carb, intake & exhaust.

x2

-
Back