can anybody tell me where to get...

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
those sheet metal rear fender guards that racers run that screw on to the back edge of the rear wheel opening to keep rubber from getting all over the 1/4 panels when doing burn outs.

You're welcome.

I've also used three or four coats of Armor All wax. It's not perfect but you can for the most part rub the rubber off and then use WD-40 and a bunch of paper towels to take the rest off.

The Burn Out Guard isn't perfect either, but then what is?

Thanks Chuck.

Kinda sounds like any type of greasy substance that won't harm the paint will keep the rubber from sticking.

Right on! One spends a lot of money on this rubber............
Call it 'union dues'.

The Pam cooking spray works well, might as well BBQ something while your at the track :toothy7:

The absolute best thing to use on your quarters it KY......it's water soluble and rinses off with the garden hose and takes all the rubber chuncks with it. Plus whats more gun then getting into the line at Wal-Mart and having 4-5 tubes of it in your arms.......seriously that's what I use and I have no rubber sticking issues. :D

The absolute best thing to use on your quarters it KY......it's water soluble and rinses off with the garden hose and takes all the rubber chuncks with it. Plus whats more gun then getting into the line at Wal-Mart and having 4-5 tubes of it in your arms.......seriously that's what I use and I have no rubber sticking issues. :D

I like this guy and his thinking. It just gets better and better all the time. I just might try that....wait...I think I'll raise you one with a few box's of condoms....LOL.

Been there done that.....seriously.....I got quite the look from a couple of people in line and the cashier just smiled and said I hope you have a good time. The one time I was buying 4 tubes of it I told the lady it was for my car and she and the guy behind me in line just laughed and said yeah right....but when I explained they both said I should write to KY and tell them about my "new" usage I have discovered adn it could open up an entirely new market for them. Seriously though it works great and is better than Vasoline cause it is water based and rinses off with water.

-
Back