carter-edlebrock-holley????

-

dotman

Reaction score
Hi -all besides my duster I have a 1970 gtx 440 4spd airgrabber8). The engine has a holley 4160 from a 70 383 on it now that I would like to replace(list 4367)-390cfm??. My question is is a new edlebrock thunder avs and the original carter avs the same in height-dimensions?. Hood clearance with the air grabber is a concern of mine. A stock Carter would be great to if i could find one.I am not really concerned about originality at this point and would like to get a carb that will be better suited for my engine. PO seems to have altered the stock air cleaner to fit the holly-slight interferance with hood now so a holley would not require any mods but would hate to buy one and next year decide to go in another direction with the car and not need it:toothy10:. Any thoughts or opinons on this? Thank you in advance Rich

416, If your selling speak up. You dont need to hide it here, LOL

Adam,

Got nothing to hide but my mad money from the lady of the house! LOL!

By the way I did list some parts for sale and didn't kick up any takers or replies so maybe I'll have fire off another thread and see if I can get a little interest going!

I just didnt want you to think you cant mention a part for sale in threads outside the classifieds. It doesnt bother me as long as your not out whoreing them out in every thread, LOL

WHAT! You quite pimping! Now what am I gonna do when I get to Kalamazoo!?!?!?!?!

Just keep on going till you get to Battle Creek! You'll find all you need there and much much more!!!!!! LOL

Alllllllllll righty then!

The 4160 should be a 600 cfm carb. Not a 390.

The OE carb is supposed to be a ????

The current Edelbrock carbs are very good street units that can take a good tweak so they can run with bigger than normal cams. There modifiyable, but that isn't so easy.

You have a wide verity to chooose from up to 800 cfm's. Not bad huh?

Thats what I thought but the guy on the Holley tech line said it was a 1970 383 4 speed carb and it was 390 cfm. Either way I want to replace it with a carter so it would appear more stock. =P~

but the guy on the Holley tech line said it was a 1970 383 4 speed carb and it was 390 cfm.

That guy don't know Jack, or shi$^&(%^&(%(*$*T!!!!!!!!!

-
Back