Chalk up another RHS Head Sucess story...

-

w2360Duster

No Patience
Reaction score
Chalk up another RhS Head sucess story, On my 2nd outing in my fully streetable thru the mufflers on DoT radials 3200lb Duster my RhS headed 410" rewarded me with a 10 second time slip. Went to Bakersfield Saturday under less than ideal conditions, high winds oil downs etc, netted me a 10.85 at 122 . Im very happy even though there is more in it with tuning and getting my 60' fts better. Chalk up another one for the iron head guys. What do you say stroked 340?:bootysha:

Yeah lets see some vids,what were your 60fts?1/8??Tell us a little more about your setup.Congrats on the 10 sec. pass.

Here's what he posted over in the 10 sec combo thread. Think the car might be a bit heavier than 3100 with him in it.

-------------------------------------------

2nd time out 10;851 at 122.10 with a dismal 1.52 60'

74 Duster converted to a earlier year with 6 point bar sort of about 3020 to 3100 lbs .

410" 360 with a 4 " Eagle kit
Ross 10.5 quench flat tops
RHS LA 360X heads milled to 58.8 cc with bowl work and guide boss tapering (minor)with GM LS1 valves
Comp cams custom Hyd roller

Hughes 1.5 rockers with factory Mopar banana groove shafts
Victor 340 intake (stock) with a 1" 4 hole spacer
Holley out of the box 950 HP with primary 75 jets with power valve and 81 secondary jets no PV
STOCK stock distributor with MSD 6 AL
Hedman 1 7/8 chassis headers with 3 1/2" collectors with 3" slowmasters cut off to heat rear axles grease.
revese manual 904 with 8" 4500 convertor
8 3/4 with 4.10 spool installed with 8* pinion angle
M/T 275 60 Drag radials

Congrats on the run Joe. Nice work using a couple of iron doorstops. :-D

Chalk up another RhS Head sucess story, On my 2nd outing in my fully streetable thru the mufflers on DoT radials 3200lb Duster my RhS headed 410" rewarded me with a 10 second time slip. Went to Bakersfield Saturday under less than ideal conditions, high winds oil downs etc, netted me a 10.85 at 122 . Im very happy even though there is more in it with tuning and getting my 60' fts better. Chalk up another one for the iron head guys. What do you say stroked 340?:bootysha:

LOL!

Right on!

so you're saying the high wind pushed you down the track to a 10.85 :) nice
Well actually the conditons were the other way around ,they had to postpone racing to clean the dirt and sand off the track, and it started with a head wind , then a side wind not a good day but...Thanks Rob!! me likes those doorstops a whole bunch.

What size cam you running??..whats done to the heads?..
Ok stroked 340 lets be direct and civil and answer the questions im going to ask you. Ok

Its a Comp Cams custom grind hyd roller, .549in .519 ex 254* -264* at .050 ground on a 107 advanced to 102,

The heads have No intake entrace or exh porting, just bowls are cleaned up(smoothed) to run a 2.02, the same with the exh. Only the intake valve guide bosses are tapered, heads are milled a bit from 62cc to 58.8.

Now Stroked 340 my question to you is , when you raced your car and got the 11 flat did it have steel rims? What was the DA and what is the tracks altitude ? what has it consistently ran or was your 11 flat a one time deal? What has it 60 footed on average. You said you raced it recentley what did it do? Im all ears

Souns like an honest and fair set of questions.

Ok stroked 340 lets be direct and civil and answer the questions im going to ask you. Ok

Its a Comp Cams custom grind hyd roller, .549in .519 ex 254* -264* at .050 ground on a 107 advanced to 102,

The heads have No intake entrace or exh porting, just bowls are cleaned up(smoothed) to run a 2.02, the same with the exh. Only the intake valve guide bosses are tapered, heads are milled a bit from 62cc to 58.8.

Now Stroked 340 my question to you is , when you raced your car and got the 11 flat did it have steel rims? What was the DA and what is the tracks altitude ? what has it consistently ran or was your 11 flat a one time deal? What has it 60 footed on average. You said you raced it recentley what did it do? Im all ears

Ok,car is all steel including the rims only fiberglass is the hood..car weights 3403 running through full exhaust with full bench seat interior and 6-point bar..allitude at my home track is 90 feet above sea level its usually pretty good air..ran 11.0's consistently once i got it dialed-in, 60' were in the 1.42-1.49 range..now all those time were with my 416 the 360 is in there now..by the way thats a VERY impressive time for that cam thought you going to say something in the .600 or more range..oh by the way those 11.0's were run with a .533 hyd. flat tappet cam..

i don't have anything against iron heads... i know this is mopar forum but i run bowtie 2.02 heads on my sbc in my 72 vega and it makes some power. think i paid around 400 bucks used.

i still remember the episode of pinks when the guy with his junkyard/swap meet motor camaro beat out the best of stuff on that orange nova.

Ok,car is all steel including the rims only fiberglass is the hood..car weights 3403 running through full exhaust with full bench seat interior and 6-point bar..allitude at my home track is 90 feet above sea level its usually pretty good air..ran 11.0's consistently once i got it dialed-in, 60' were in the 1.42-1.49 range..now all those time were with my 416 the 360 is in there now..by the way thats a VERY impressive time for that cam thought you going to say something in the .600 or more range..oh by the way those 11.0's were run with a .533 hyd. flat tappet cam..
Cool, ive seen your cam specs before ,its a proven grind. most of the tracks altitude here in So Cal is generally 2000ft and changes constanltley from heat or high winds etc. Your car does run good and 60fts great. Is it a stroker now or just a 360?

Cool, ive seen your cam specs before ,its a proven grind. most of the tracks altitude here in So Cal is generally 2000ft and changes constanltley from heat or high winds etc. Your car does run good and 60fts great. Is it a stroker now or just a 360?

I wish i had the 416 but unfortunately it snapped a rod bolt snapped,broke the cam in three pieces and damaged one of the cylinders..planning to build it again soon,in the meantime i'm running a stock stroke 360 with a best of 11.79..man i miss the stroker..

That's a great setup, and yeah, I think you have room to go faster.
However those who would seek to compare those RHS heads to a factory type iron head in terms of performance are far beyond grasping at straws. I'm glad there's a solid affordable option in between factory heads and RPMs.

Wow an iron headed small block in the 10's is WAAAY cool!8) Congradulations are in oder. And there sroom for improvement by the sopunds of it. Another awesome Mopar!

Indy/Racing head services did a nice job with these heads, a bit heavy "but" that only means theres room for milling & porting, mine are in stock form other then 1110 springs & on a VERY mild 360 magnum with a bone stock bottom end running 12.5s, for the 875.00 i spent it was well worth the investment.

Yea, I read the post after your first time out and someone claimed it had 10's written all over it. Oh, that was ME!! Nice to say, "I told ya!"

Big HIGH FIVE on those numbers!!

-
Back