china airgap intakes on ebay

-
I've seen first hand how the knock off pos was such a poor fit that it was not possible to make it seal. A bit of work for a 4.5 inch grinder?
Remind me to never buy an engine off you!
The angle of the bolts holes was NOT the same as the holes in the head.
Nor were the angles of the head faces the same as the manifold.
It was beyond being even remotely fit for purpose.......

I wouldn't sell anything to you to start with

Why don't you post some real pics of both of them like I can to prove your points

I'll even time & date them using my computer in the back ground so you can be sure they're my pics

Here's some of the jacked up stuff on your almighty Edelbrock

How bout having to drill & tap for this

Attachments

• SAM_0282.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 265
Or having to resort to this to make it all work

Attachments

• SAM_3659.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 253
  • SAM_3662.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 248
on the other side of things this intake right here has been run on a LA without any problems & is being used on this LA360 with Magnum heads now without problem one

Attachments

• SAM_3674.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 246
This is one I bought 8 years ago for my CrewCab when I did the 97 360 & 46RH OD trans It has 45K trouble free miles & is going back on it & weeks to come

No mods to anything when putting the A/C on direct fit for both

Attachments

• SAM_3363.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 241
They both have things that are quirks to them but the ones about the Crosswinds are way over dramatized because HR,CC & other mags who make their way using Edelbrock sponsorship & advertising

The port thing & all that started over at Moparts when these intakes first came out & the guy who started that rumor never even proved that he even had one & was just an Edelbrock nut swinger

Why? I have used one on my magnum with the serpentine for 3 years. I bought due to the price but have since bought an Eddy. I will be posting dyno differences of the two when new engine is complete. Bang for your buck for a junk yard magnum setup I wouldn't hesitate at all. My junk yard magnum made 390hp on the dyno.

I've explained it like four times. MINE would not work with the serpentine setup. I would have had to cut HALF the AC bracket off to make it work. I am not into that type of engineering. I want my stuff to fit and function correctly. There are SEVERAL different chinkese knock offs. Evidently, they are not all the same.

Thanks poison dart 74. So im gathering if you run the china airgap intake you have to modify the ac bracket if you want to run the magnum front end.right?.

Zakly. I didn't wanna chop it, the bracket ran into everything. If you want the front serp stuff, and want A/C Like I do, you've gotta nut up the bucks for the Edelc*ck version. Or hack it hack it.

Like RustyRob; DodgeAddict, why don't you come over and show me how you magically make the serp a/c setup work, because I'm obviously doing it wrong.

Like RustyRob; DodgeAddict, why don't you come over and show me how you magically make the serp a/c setup work, because I'm obviously doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

If you took the time to read all of my replies you would have read

"The only intake made that actually works with the setup better than any of them is the Edelbrock"

The pics of what I posted above of the orange intake & all that serpentine stuff is the Edelbrock

Also if you would have read all my replies you would have read
"The Crosswinds intake only fits using a RV2 compressor"

Do you still want me to come over?

I never said it fit with the serpentine ever in my life
I don't like the rig you have to do to fit the Crosswinds with the bypass on the Magnum when it's truly designed to be used with an LA front

If you want to do serpentine I'll post the rest of the pics The ones I posted pointed out the main things needed to be done on the Edelbrock
I posted that stuff after a nut swinger proclaimed Edelbrock the "Perfect Intake for everything" & the Crosswinds junk

Yall don't drag me in on this. All I did was say what did not work for ME. All these brackets are not the same, either. Dakotas are different from trucks and not all the truck stuff is the same. The van stuff is different too. That's why I never made a blanket statement, because what "I" had did not work, doesn't mean a different combination will not. So if yall wanna kill each other, I'll just sit on the sidelines and watch.

No problem, I'm with ya on the same page, everybody relax. These threads get out of hand. :D

Well I ordered one just to check it out. found it for 123.00 ill let you guys know how it works. I ordered a eddy too.:glasses7:

Actually, the edelbrock had to be machined too. (The old Weiand fitted perfectly)
the difference was that after the eddy was machined, it fitted the engine, AND it sealed properly.
Even after the foul-wind had been machined to fit, it still wept coolant into the engine.
An extremely reputable engine builder reckoned machining the airgap was pretty much par for the course.
Some people have probably had ok results with the copy. In my experience at work, if something isn't done properly, someone sticks their foot up someones arse.
The chinese don't seem to give two *****. They just make them as fast and cheap as they can, and send them out. Some batches are probably okay, and some not so much. Get one from a **** batch, and sucks to be you. (us in my case)
Once upon a time, companies cared about making sure things were made right. Now with almost everything made in China, (and stuff not made there having to compete with the low low low cost of the things made there) quality is a thing of the past.......

Actually, the edelbrock had to be machined too. (The old Weiand fitted perfectly)
the difference was that after the eddy was machined, it fitted the engine, AND it sealed properly.
Even after the foul-wind had been machined to fit, it still wept coolant into the engine.
An extremely reputable engine builder reckoned machining the airgap was pretty much par for the course.
Some people have probably had ok results with the copy. In my experience at work, if something isn't done properly, someone sticks their foot up someones arse.
The chinese don't seem to give two *****. They just make them as fast and cheap as they can, and send them out. Some batches are probably okay, and some not so much. Get one from a **** batch, and sucks to be you. (us in my case)
Once upon a time, companies cared about making sure things were made right. Now with almost everything made in China, (and stuff not made there having to compete with the low low low cost of the things made there) quality is a thing of the past.......
:violent1:
I didn`t read all these posts, but once upon a time, I put a crosswind on a hot 406 chevy, and promptly lost the dist gearing(chewed up on start up) turned out the dist. hole in the manifold was off, changed gears and went to an edelbrock--non problem ---------bob

-
Back