**Coil Over Conversion with Stock K**

-
Update......

I am ordering the Coil Overs next week. The length is 14" Extended and 10.125 Collapsed.
This puts the ride height right at 2.5" Lower than Stock with 195/70/14's. When the shocks get here I will set the lower shock mounts and mock up a temporary upper shock mount until I can get the Snout Bars installed. After I get the shocks installed with the Temporary set up. I will set the car on the ground to see how it looks at ride height. I will play with the rear "Triangulated 4 Link" and bring it down a notch also.

As you can see I am using the old lower ball joints on the mock up. They will be replaced with New along with the 11/16 Tie Rod Ends, Idler Arm, Pitman Arm etc

So your going with DS 301? Have you seen this upper mount http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HAL-SS110SDM/?rtype=10 It just screws on in replace of the top eye?

I am gong with DS402 here.... I think, It seems they have 3 different lines of shocks. Guess I need to learn the difference. Betting that they have different Valving in them.

1) Proma Star = DS402
2) Ultra Ride = US402
3) Pro Coil = GS Series

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HAL-DS402/

Yes I have seen that upper mount. I will not be using it because my Turbo Exhaust Dumps go right over the upper shock mounts and I don't want to melt the rubber if the exhaust gets too hot. I could fabricate or maybe find some billet covers that go over the stud top but I will probably just weld mine closed after I figure all this out.

Candy Apple Sandblast....a great color indeed!!!

I am gong with DS402 here.... I think, It seems they have 3 different lines of shocks. Guess I need to learn the difference. Betting that they have different Valving in them.

1) Proma Star = DS402
2) Ultra Ride = US402
3) Pro Coil = GS Series

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HAL-DS402/

Yes I have seen that upper mount. I will not be using it because my Turbo Exhaust Dumps go right over the upper shock mounts and I don't want to melt the rubber if the exhaust gets too hot. I could fabricate or maybe find some billet covers that go over the stud top but I will probably just weld mine closed after I figure all this out.

I was wonder if they are rubber or solid myself.

To drill out the spot welds it only takes a few minutes. I had the stock support on the ground in less than 15 minutes.

If you do that you will need to cut the legs down a bit on both sides so it does not hang lower than the stock assembly. It might look kinda weird if you seen both of them from the front view? Just something to think about is all.

ok kool, ill just take it out.

again, very nice job louis! everything looks professional. for the radiator support, did you use like a blair spot weld cutter? i need to get one. also, on the 70 darts, it has 2 more ears on the support for the front valance, which is no big deal, ill just make new brackets for that.

Drinkin???....yeah...probably my bathwater again...I thought I was replying to the picture of your freshly blasted K-frame (from page one)....man ..did I get confused!

must be that ol'timers settin in...sorry

ok kool, ill just take it out.

again, very nice job louis! everything looks professional. for the radiator support, did you use like a blair spot weld cutter? i need to get one. also, on the 70 darts, it has 2 more ears on the support for the front valance, which is no big deal, ill just make new brackets for that.

No I just drilled them out, everything gets covered by the frame rail cap. I will be removing the sheet metal that has drill holes in it and adding in a fresh piece on both sides to get rid of the remaining holes you see.

so how much travel should fron coilovers have on a drag car,right now i have 3 inches

I talked to Bill at Reilly Motorsports last week about this very question. He told me 1" Compression and 3"+ Droop at ride height is where you want to be. You want the front suspension to Lift out of the hole in order to transfer the weight to the rear of the car. Good thing I called him because I almost ordered the wrong shocks!

Badart made up some of his upper shock mounts, he helped me out and made them a Lil smaller fo my application cause my turbo dumps come real close to them in the engine bay.

I made my mind up and will be ordering some PST 2" Drop Spindles this coming week. Trying to see if PST will honor a discount since they say they have one and advertise on every page of this site. Sent them a PM, let's see if they respond.

Badart made up some of his upper shock mounts, he helped me out and made them a Lil smaller fo my application cause my turbo dumps come real close to them in the engine bay.

I made my mind up and will be ordering some PST 2" Drop Spindles this coming week. Trying to see if PST will honor a discount since they say they have one and advertise on every page of this site. Sent them a PM, let's see if they respond.

Let us know what pst says.

Let us know what pst says.

So you all know this is how the Member discount works.

Yes we do offer a members discount. Any order over $200 dollars you will receive 10% off. Please when placing the order tell the salesman that you are a member of this forum. Or if you place it on our website please put in the comments section that you are a member of the forum and your username. Also keep in mind all orders include free shipping with in the US.

Thanks
James

(800) 247-2288

-
Back