Couple ?'s

-

midlife89

Reaction score
I'm finishing up my front end rebuild and have a couple ?'s.Should I jack lower control arms up to where ride height is going to be before I tighten down upper control arms,lower control arm nut and strut rod and then install torsion bars.2nd ?:Is there any particular position the lower control arm should be when i re install torsion bars? I have the torsion adjustment bolts backed out till rounded end is even with the bar it screws into,no threads showing.Tried searching this forum and checked the service manual but have seen no mention of it.I know on my fox body mustang you have to tighten lower control arm bolts when suspension is under load.Maybe I'm over thinking this but just want to make it's done right.

my experience is to hang the lowers at appx 45 degree down angle and install the tosion bar...then run the adjuster to ride height...I'm sure you know that it is easier to adjust ride height to a higher position with the weight of the car off of it (jacked-up). after all your initial alignment (ride height,caster/camber/toe-in) adjustments are made ...tighten everything...uppers/lowers/struts/ect .

install the lower control arm with the nut loose. set the ride hight and with the car on the ground tighten the nut.

I like to do the final tightening on the front end rack with the weight on the car and enough weight in the front seats to simulate your normal drivers and passengers weight. Always recheck the settings after you torque everything down.

-
Back