Cuda Capers: 4-12-08

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Here we go with the first Cuda Caper post of 2008! While there is no dramatic progress, a ton of little things got sorted out today.

First things first, I finally did something about the rear axle in my car. I scraped it, cleaned it, and gave it a quickie coat of satin black. Nothing fancy but hey...looks better than the 40 years of crap that built up on it....
SANY0002-vi.jpg

Next up was my tach bracket. I finally got THAT sorted out and mounted. The base I fabbed up out of scrap metal from work. It mounts in place of the drivers side defroster vent and the wires are routed through the bracket and into the defroster opening. Clean & simple. A small rubber block will be installed towards the edge of the dash pad in case that monster tach decides on doing a little dance.
SANY0004-vi.jpg

SANY0009-vi.jpg

Yes... I sat there making engine noises.
SANY0006-vi.jpg

I installed the mount I made for my MSD box. It's an aluminum base mounted on rubber isolators. I still have to wire it all up.
SANY0013-vi.jpg

SANY0016-vi.jpg

And just to add a bit of insulation from the headers, and provide some visual balance, I also fabbed up a heat shield for my master cylinder.
SANY0015-vi.jpg

But I think I may have had too much spare time on my lunch hours..... I also fabbed up these little filler plates that go under the hood bumpers.

Am I getting too crazy here?
SANY0018-vi.jpg

SANY0019-vi.jpg

Speaking of crazy.... I finally mounted my fuel pump & filter. I welded up a mount and designed a shield to protect everything from debris being kicked back off of that right rear tire.
SANY0033-vi.jpg

Mounted it looks like this....
SANY0021-vi.jpg

SANY0024-vi.jpg

I still have to finish undercoating the inside of the quarters....
SANY0020-vi.jpg

And that was today's fun & games.... I still have to paint the bracket for the pump. I'll also finish up the shift linkage and starter wiring. I also have to paint the driveshaft and install the speedometer cable. After I bleed the brakes I can drop her back on her feet and finish up that $#@#$% headliner, pop in the glass and interior, fire her up, and go cruising.

Yeah... "just like that"!

Updates WILL come fast & hard now.... I want to enjoy this sucka ! :cheers:

glad to see you working on her again. progress looks great. tackling all the little stuff is good. they can add up to alot of time.

Nice job on the fuel pump bracket and mounting position. Protected, yet low enough to self prime from what I can see. I like the master cyl heat shield too. Good job on the tach bracket.

Damn, I can't wait to hear that sucker fire!

Keep it coming John. I think were are still almost neck and neck. We should have been cruisin' by now. LOL

Keep it coming John. I think were are still almost neck and neck. We should have been cruisin' by now. LOL

<sigh...> Yeah. Shoulda...Woulda...Coulda....

Thanks for the compliments guys. As much as I'd like to hack it together in a weekend and go drive it, I want people to look at it and see WHY it took this long.

We'll get there Dave. Just too bad there's over 3,000 miles between us for that inaugural cruise.

BTW: Dave, I like the new avatar!
:-D

yep, you'll have to come out to a fling sometime. and i love nyc.

Lookin' great John. A lot of nice touches and details that spectators will appreciate. I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.

VERY nice craftsmanship. =D> I'll be looking for that Cuda at Carlisle in July.

Thanks guys.... this has really become a labor of love. I'll spend hours on a small detail and look at it afterwards and say....

I need a cheaper hobby.
eck01.gif

-
Back