Cuda Capers: 4-17-08

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I had a VERY productive night in the garage. I finally mounted and plumbed the fuel pump & filter. I've been screwing around with it for a while now...but it's DONE!

SANY0004-vi.jpg

SANY0005-vi.jpg

SANY0007-vi.jpg

SANY0006-vi.jpg

It all went together just fine.... I also ran the wiring. I'll finish that up Saturday.

I also drilled out my rear end yoke and test fitted the Moroso girdles. No issues there either. I intended to spend an hour....and stayed for 3. Oh well... at least I didn't crank-off the wife. She's at her girlfriends place watching the Met game.

Bit...by...bit.... 8)

Lookin good John!
My squeeze was outta the house for a while today as well, so I cut & buffed the roof on the car. Still need to go over it with a finer grit and a softer pad, but I think I'll wait til the whole car is in this stage, then do it all at once.

You have to drive that badass up to CT one Saturday for a burger here at the house.

George

I had a VERY productive night in the garage. I finally mounted and plumbed the fuel pump & filter. I've been screwing around with it for a while now...but it's DONE!

SANY0004-vi.jpg

SANY0005-vi.jpg

SANY0007-vi.jpg

SANY0006-vi.jpg

It all went together just fine.... I also ran the wiring. I'll finish that up Saturday.

I also drilled out my rear end yoke and test fitted the Moroso girdles. No issues there either. I intended to spend an hour....and stayed for 3. Oh well... at least I didn't crank-off the wife. She's at her girlfriends place watching the Met game.

Bit...by...bit.... 8)

Where can I get a setup like that for my Mopar?

Hey, is that a Comp. Engr. tank sump? If so, did you weld it on yourself?

How fast are you going with that type of fuel system?

Greg

Believe it or not, the main frame of the pump mount is a pair of engine brackets that come on re-manufactured Nissan 2.5 engines (Yeah... I got Japanese metal in my car) and the third leg is a chunk of an old shop tool for the ancient 1.6 liter Nissan cylinder heads (yeah..yeah... more Jap-Crap in my car) The brace for the fuel filter is a piece of shelving strap, and the bracket for the wiring connector came from the bottom of a scrap pile in the shop (I'm willing to bet another chunk of metal from the land of the Rising Sun...) The aluminum shield was cut from a sheet stolen from inventory in the parts deptment at my dealership. The rubber insulators are from the rear suspension braces for an Altima, but I do have some American metal in that mess: All the stainless steel fasteners are from Sears.

SANY0033-vi.jpg

SANY0002-vi.jpg

Would I make another one? Only with a loaded gun to my head. I ^%$#@#$ with that damn thing half the winter... I'm glad it fits!

:-D
Hey, is that a Comp. Engr. tank sump? If so, did you weld it on yourself?

How fast are you going with that type of fuel system?

Greg

The sump is from JEGS. I had it soldered in by a radiator shop out in Deer Park, highly recommended by a bunch of street racers out here. They were THE only place that would touch it, and only because it was a new tank & sump.

The fuel system is overkill for now. I just didn't want to start hacking-up the car if I decided to go nuts later. Ya never know... there *might* be a Hemi in my cars future down the road.... :-D

I don't think it's overkill, unless you're just putting around... which from the looks of things, I doubt you are.

I bought the parts to do the exact same thing on a car I recently sold, but I never got around to it before it was gone. I had actually been wondering where to get the sump welded on. Good to know there's guys on the Island willing to do that type of stuff.

I feel a tsunami of cuda capers coming. Look out.

Nice work John. That is also the best way to use Jap metal. Fair play and all.

looks real good john. wonder how much noise that holley pump will emit thru the car body. mine sucks.

looks real good john. wonder how much noise that holley pump will emit thru the car body. mine sucks.

Well.... I have a thick rubber pad between the pump mount and the bracket. Then I have more rubber between the pump bracket and the floor pan. Even the filter has a rubber mount. If it's noisey, F`it....

Besides, with 2 chamber Flowmasters I can't hear $#@# anyway....

Looking good John. Maybe just a little piece of thermal barrier where it goes over the tail pipe.

I was thinking of adding a heat sleeve around that section of hose, but hey...THAT'S why I'm using braided steel hose in the first place!

But I agree: Me thinks a short lenght of insulation might be in order....

-
Back