Cylinder Head Confusion

-

superdart360

Reaction score
I am in the market for some aluminum heads for my non-magnum 92 roller cam 360. I have been searching the internet checking prices. And anytime it seems I come across a deal for heads. The year of my motor is not in the application list.

Can someone help me understand why the
Edelbrock 60779 - Edelbrock Performer RPM Cylinder Heads only applies to 1967 to 1985 blocks. Also I have come across this up to 1988. I can't seem to find a set of heads that according the the supplier will fit a 92. I thought the blocks where the same until 93 when they went to magnums.

If anyone can shed some light on this. I would much appreciate it!!

If it's not a magnum engine then the 60779 heads should fit and work. The magnum heads had different bolt angles and larger pushrod hole for the shorter pushrods. Due to the angle at peak lift.

Also note that sellers and manufatures of heads and acco. parts of any kind do not allways include every possible year but generalize in the style of the engine. In example, the head is good for ethier a "A" engine or a "LA" engine or a "Magnum" engine.

Theres tricks to use "LA" heads on a Magnum and Magnum heads on a "LA", but they won't go into that. You yourself have to know these things.

When in doubt, allways ask.

-
Back