damn mustangs

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
usually hold my own in my 400 hp duster,must have been one of the 500 hp mustangs that whipped my *** last night.ive been wanting more power,time for a transformation of the 360 magnum.hmmm stroked 408?or just take my lumps,cant win em all,there will always be someone faster,still sucks getting beat by a twang.

Well this won't help you but it sometimes goes the other way too.

Maybe 8 years ago my son's everyday car was a black 4 door 1998 ACR w/ a 5 speed of course. It had the Koni shocks, manual windows and Chrysler even deleted the door moldings on the outside to save weight. I think the car had 5 bolt-ons, header, smaller crank pulley, larger throttle body, tweaked computer and a K&N intake. The big secret was the gear ratio as it was steeper than an everyday Neon. He stared drag racing most every weekend and it would go 14.4's all motor on his normal street tires, nothin' fancy.
One night he said he was matched up with a brand new Mustang GT something and my kid blew his doors off. On the return road the Mustang driver cut him off, jumped out of his brand new shiny car and demanded that he open the hood. What he saw was nothing. No NOS, turbo, etc.

I told my son he can't be driving his go to work and school car like that all summer long and sure enough the trans blew up right through the aluminum case.

Well this won't help you but it sometimes goes the other way too.

Maybe 8 years ago my son's everyday car was a black 4 door 1998 ACR w/ a 5 speed of course. It had the Koni shocks, manual windows and Chrysler even deleted the door moldings on the outside to save weight. I think the car had 5 bolt-ons, header, smaller crank pulley, larger throttle body, tweaked computer and a K&N intake. The big secret was the gear ratio as it was steeper than an everyday Neon. He stared drag racing most every weekend and it would go 14.4's all motor on his normal street tires, nothin' fancy.
One night he said he was matched up with a brand new Mustang GT something and my kid blew his doors off. On the return road the Mustang driver cut him off, jumped out of his brand new shiny car and demanded that he open the hood. What he saw was nothing. No NOS, turbo, etc.

I told my son he can't be driving his go to work and school car like that all summer long and sure enough the trans blew up right through the aluminum case.
Speed costs money. We all know that, your son got a lesson:burnout:MT

Tell ya. If you are looking to be "king of the street" you might find that to be a losing situation, eventually.

Tell ya. If you are looking to be "king of the street" you might find that to be a losing situation, eventually.

dont want to be king,and we all get beat,thats why i also said someone will always be faster in my post.but got me thinking,400 hp aint that much h.p. anymore.

True Jdsduster, 400hp seems to be a lot less than it used to be lol. Seems like many new cars make gobs of power right from the factory. And a lot of them mustangs are darn fast. But roll into a cruise night and see who stands out from the crowd..... belly buttons or old Mopars?

In the immortal words of King Louis XVI...

Attachments

• history-of-the-world-part-i1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 298
Make sure you run drag radials, I like the nitto's. I've beaten a lot of cars with a lot more HP than mine just due to jumping off the line without wheel spin, the 4,400rpm stall also goes hand in hand with the Drag radials :)

probably running nitrous like the rest of them

bet you're right , most of the Mustangs I know of have a kit in them .

The later model (2011-present) Coyote-motored GTs can get to 500hp with a few judicious aftermarket mods - no juice needed. Like 'em or not, the newer Mustangs are pretty quick.

And no, 400hp is not what is used to be. :D

True Jdsduster, 400hp seems to be a lot kess than it used to be lol. Seems like many new cars make gobs of power right from the factory. And a lot of them mustangs are darn fast. But roll into a cruise night and see who stands out from the crowd..... belly buttons or old Mopars?

oh yea i know,he may have been a little faster,but the duster looks a lot better

I cant go anywhere in my HellCat with my wife anymore. Its" SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!" NO mustang beat me......Yet.

dont want to be king,and we all get beat,thats why i also said someone will always be faster in my post.but got me thinking,400 hp aint that much h.p. anymore.

No , it's not. I personally never thought it was all that. But then again, a lot depends on what your doing with it and how (effective) it gets applied.

73 duster,soo 3400 lbs?391 gears.i think if we were at a stop i wouldve done better.we were at 30-40 mph and raced.oh yea,it was street racing.yea yea i know

To heavy to compete. Drop 400lbs. Or more.

My son has a 2001 GT mustang supercharged 2 valve 4.6 liter
Meth injected with 150 shot nitrous on mmr racing block & internals rated
For 850 hp. 540 hp to wheels 480 torque. Street car
Tough to beat naturally aspirated. Enough said.

BUT iTS NOT A MOPAR....

Dave.

There's always a faster car.

The newer 5.0's make over 450hp at the crank stock and are just over 3600lbs if you get a base model...you are not going to be handing it to them with 400 hp in a 3400lb car.

In the immortal words of King Louis XVI...

Ya, 'cept that's was' is name................LOL

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQzI3k39Cfw"]Blazing Saddles Can't you see - YouTube[/ame]

next time, just look over and smile, leave them wondering.
if I was still doing it on the street, it wouldn't be more than 60'. the new cars WOULD lose.

-
Back