Darrell Alderman, Englistown '90

-

woodchip

Reaction score
Found this autographed hat while cleaning out a closet yesterday, why the heck is this hidden away???!! I got this signed by him back when he was on top back in 1990 or '91. The picture, I think is from '96? Those were the good ole days weren't they? Remember when he & Scott Geoffrion (RIP) were the only two to beat?! How I hated Warren Johnson....GRRRRR

Attachments

• IMG_6767.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 641
Cool, they were awesome to watch. I got some Alderman signed stuff too, I should dig mine out too, thanks for sharing!

Warren Johnson.....now there is a real *** hat....

Thanks for shaing that. I think I have that exact pic signed from the Winternationals from back in the day. What's he doing these days?

Darrell and Scott carjacked my Challenger conv at Atlanta Dragway in 93 or 94. I had parked it near where they were set up signing autographs, and when I got back to the car...they were looking at it. Darrell asked if they could drive it around in the pits and mess with people, and I told him the keys were in it...lol. They were both just as nice as could be, and were just regular old car guys that could wheel the hell outta the Pro Stock Daytonas.

DSChallenger.jpg

The best I can find of him sugests that he & his son are running a contracting business that was his dads: G&W construction in Moorehead, Kentucky. Somebody want to call there and see if he answers the phone??? He'd be easy to identify w/that soft & mellow voice of his!

Darrell and Scott carjacked my Challenger conv at Atlanta Dragway in 93 or 94. I had parked it near where they were set up signing autographs, and when I got back to the car...they were looking at it. Darrell asked if they could drive it around in the pits and mess with people, and I told him the keys were in it...lol. They were both just as nice as could be, and were just regular old car guys that could wheel the hell outta the Pro Stock Daytonas.

DSChallenger.jpg
I wouldve done the same thing! Great picture.

I've got a Dodge Boys shirt autographed by Darrel and Scott from 2000. Also got a shirt w/o graphs from 93. Used to make a few national events back in early 90's. Those were the good old days. Was glad to see Allan Johnson win the ProStock championship this year.

That hat is an awesome find.......I never got to meet either of them, but did see them in the pits several times @ Firebird :smile:

Maybe hang those up in the garage now.

JDMopar, Really cool story and pic saved 8-) Hope you don't mind......

The year was 1989, and this a model I did of the Daytona Darrell drove to a victory at the Gaters. First Mopar Pro Stock win since Glidden in 79 or 80. I had him sign the roof at Dinwiddie VA a couple of years later. This has a B1 wedge engine. Built from scratch with a MPC Daytona body.

Attachments

• ExideEdgeF.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 542
  • ExideF.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 607
  • ExideBottom.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 500
DA did not drive in 92 and 93....team mates with Scott in 94 and part of 95.

Does anyone remember when some one broke in to there engine shop and totaled
all of there X blocks back when he was on top, I do, and I would have bet Johnson
had something to do with it.....But I am not pointing fingers :D

I tend to put things like your hat back and forget where they are.. Cool that you found it :cheers: and same here Sistha Cpk, memike saved that cool picture :glasses7: Thank you all for sharing 8-)

Does anyone remember when some one broke in to there engine shop and totaled
all of there X blocks back when he was on top, I do, and I would have bet Johnson
had something to do with it.....But I am not pointing fingers :D

I tend to put things like your hat back and forget where they are.. Cool that you found it :cheers: and same here Sistha Cpk, memike saved that cool picture :glasses7: Thank you all for sharing 8-)

I do, wow, that was crazy too, hurt them bad I bet

DA was a user...the fact he shared cocaine with someone else...is why he was charged with the conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine.

A friend of his got busted and turned on DA to lessen his sentence....bigger fish to fry...

I assume you have the same low opinion of all the athletics and moviestars who are busted for the use of drugs..

Wow, I did not need to know that............... anywhooo
a great driver and team builder, and I like the good in people, the bad stuff
is easy to find on anyone .... Anyone . X3

Such a great racer. Maybe Allen and Jeg will kill pro stock next year! And I wish Warren would just crawl back under the rock he came from that POS!

DA was a user...the fact he shared cocaine with someone else...is why he was charged with the conspiracy to possess and distribute cocaine.

A friend of his got busted and turned on DA to lessen his sentence....bigger fish to fry...

I assume you have the same low opinion of all the athletics and moviestars who are busted for the use of drugs..

Yes. As a matter of fact, I do.

Yes, those were good times. Put GM in the back where they belong. It was unfortunate that DA made some bad decisions and paid a huge price for it. My opinion at the time, and probably still is, that the shop break in was not a competing team. It was more like somthing to do with the bad decisions he was making at the time.

Yes, those were good times. Put GM in the back where they belong. It was unfortunate that DA made some bad decisions and paid a huge price for it. My opinion at the time, and probably still is, that the shop break in was not a competing team. It was more like somthing to do with the bad decisions he was making at the time.

Wow I never thought about that :eek:ops: You could be spot on right Vitamin c
I retract my first post, I never knew about the bad decisions he made untill
this thread...... Thank you for bringing this to light for me, no one is perfect and drugs have took many good people down the wrong path.

It must be wonderful to sit on a throne and bash people who made mistakes. Mistakes ( bad choices ) are made by many. Pick yourself up an move on by few. Last time I checked, the only one qualifies to judge is GOD and that AIN'T you.

It must be wonderful to sit on a throne and bash people who made mistakes. Mistakes ( bad choices ) are made by many. Pick yourself up an move on by few. Last time I checked, the only one qualifies to judge is GOD and that AIN'T you.

I hope you are not referring to me Ted, I totally agree and what I retracted is I was thinking it could have been a competitor that broke into his shop and destroyed
all of his X blocks for his next season.. Like I said in my post = no one is perfect, my writing may have made you think I was passing judgment but
I was not.

-
Back