Dartin for Divorce

-
looks like you need to add a 'loft' area over the cars to keep parts you don't need right now.
neil.

Hopefully getting a house with a shop soon… working with the bank and the seller now… but trying not to get my hopes up just yet.

Also missed out on that local 340 motor it seems like. I found another 2 340 blocks but one needs 2 sleeves and the other is like 800 for just the block.

IMG_3694.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3642.png

IMG_3643.png

New seats and door cards thanks to BrianT. Cleaned everything really good. I also took the carbon fiber vinyl wrap off the top and bottom of the doors and repainted it black with SEM trim.

I have a couple brand new arm rests and I’ll replace these in the front that have seen better days.

71053458255__8AA37D6E-C27E-46DA-ACF5-BF1DE1329F11.jpeg

IMG_3945.jpeg

IMG_3946.jpeg

IMG_3947.jpeg

IMG_3949.jpeg

IMG_3951.jpeg

IMG_3952.jpeg

Too bad I can't give those pics more Likes. I am glad to see that the interior lives on and that I get to watch. Looks great! Get some decent emblems of your choice for the panels and seats and you're set.

Too bad I can't give those pics more Likes. I am glad to see that the interior lives on and that I get to watch. Looks great! Get some decent emblems of your choice for the panels and seats and you're set.

Some like this?

I thought I had another one somewhere but I don’t know where it went… I’ll probably look into gettin a couple of sets, the other dart will need some too.

Question- did you use the seat spacers underneath the brackets? I feel like my head is going to hit the roof now! The seat’s definitely have way more stiffness to them, my old seats were so bouncy and flat.

I wish these old seats in these old cars had a little more side bolstering to them.

IMG_3959.jpeg

Some like this?

I thought I had another one somewhere but I don’t know where it went… I’ll probably look into gettin a couple of sets, the other dart will need some too.

Question- did you use the seat spacers underneath the brackets? I feel like my head is going to hit the roof now! The seat’s definitely have way more stiffness to them, my old seats were so bouncy and flat.

I wish these old seats in these old cars had a little more side bolstering to them.
Those will work fine. Yes, I used the spacers but I'm just a wee little man. I got them from Dante's I think and they are correct for A body buckets. I don't see any reason why you couldn't leave them out?

Yes, those seats have NO bolstering. At least you have the steering wheel to hold onto, your passenger won't be so lucky!

Those will work fine. Yes, I used the spacers but I'm just a wee little man. I got them from Dante's I think and they are correct for A body buckets. I don't see any reason why you couldn't leave them out?

Yes, those seats have NO bolstering. At least you have the steering wheel to hold onto, your passenger won't be so lucky!

Yeah I’ve read posts about people taking them out or even just taking the ones from the rear brackets.

I’ll mess around with them, neither of my other sets of my other bucket seat tracks have them.

I’m already on the hunt for some door emblems.

I forgot to mention that the foam was replaced at the same time as the covers, so those seats have about 2k miles on them. Hopefully the stiffness will eventually go away.

Took the spacers out of the 2 rear bolts of the seat bases. Sits a little better now, but I think the front ones are still going to come out, it’s weird feeling like my head is hitting the roof every time I drive it.

Took the arm rest bases off painted them and installed new arm rests. Looks good.

Missed out on a nice set of GT door emblems, they sold for $45 on eBay. FABO says he has some and will get me some pictures on Sunday.

Purple car is a good driver. Now really need to do the ac and it would be an even better driver

IMG_3986.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg

Took the spacers out of the 2 rear bolts of the seat bases. Sits a little better now, but I think the front ones are still going to come out, it’s weird feeling like my head is hitting the roof every time I drive it.

Took the arm rest bases off painted them and installed new arm rests. Looks good.

Missed out on a nice set of GT door emblems, they sold for $45 on eBay. FABO says he has some and will get me some pictures on Sunday.

Purple car is a good driver. Now really need to do the ac and it would be an even better driver

View attachment 1716114771

View attachment 1716114772
AC is a must in this heat, it is so humid here, I only want to go outside in the early morning or late evening.

Got some GT badges, still need one more.
My alternator froze up last weekend, so I have to order another one from oreillys or autozone. Hopefully it’s a round back one like the one I have currently. Then it’s off to it’s new home.

71233470219__7396F308-D81B-4802-AA4F-C95746D56592.jpeg

IMG_4086.jpeg

IMG_4251.jpeg

I'm only a wee man so the spacers (correct for the car) helped me. My head was almost touching the headliner too.

New alternator… found it in my garage… car fired right up. My alternator gauge is going crazy now though. Oh well.

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

Don’t worry I didn’t die! I’ve just been crazy after buying this house. We have been remodeling non stop, doing most of the work ourselves as well. Almost finished though, just started living upstairs after living in the basement for 4 weeks lol.

I did register the car and pull it out the other day though, took a picture in the driveway. I also bought a sweet motorcycle… 1968 Kawasaki!

Pictures of the new floors, painted cabinets, painted walls and roof, knocked out some walls to open up the house.

Ps walking into your backyard and getting to shoot your guns is awesome!

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5063.jpeg

IMG_5086.jpeg

IMG_5164.jpeg

IMG_5202.jpeg

IMG_5203.jpeg

IMG_5211.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

IMG_5329.jpeg

Doc, a motorcycle, really. LMAO

My old neighbor pulled it out of his shed when he heard we were moving onto a couple acres. It’s mint condition, he used to race when he was younger I guess and it was a gift from a motorcycle shop owner.

Said we could put it to good use. Hasn’t been started in 15ish years.

Funny, I was just thinking today that I hadn't seen any posts from you for a while. Clearly you have been really busy, house looks great.

I’ve been meaning to get on, but I’ve been burning the candle on both ends lately.

Shoot I could have finished my swinger with the remodeling costs.

It seems like every quote we get for anything is 10K… well, YouTube teaches me to do good enough work, and it’s good enough for the girls I go with haha.

-
Back