-
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnuckleDuster

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Outboards are DC 4783 500 cfm mechanical. I was told the center carb was an original 6-Pack carb with the choke horn milled. The only numbers I can locate are probably just casting numbers, and are shown in the pics.
I am not a 6-Pack expert, these carbs came with an engine I bought. I was told these carbs were raced on a Weiand Super Stock intake in the 90's, and did quite well. That's about all I know about these. I don't have any other parts or pieces.

The butterflys all operate fine, I don't see anything obviously wrong, other than somebody dogged up the very first few threads on the inlet in the center carb. I included a pic of that. I have not done anything to them, but blow them off with carb cleaner and compressed air. I would call these cores needing a full rebuild.
I hardly ever see these for sale, so I am hoping somebody would be happy to have them. From my research they are a great setup, a lot of people seem to like the mechanical carbs much better.
I was hoping to hang onto to them, myself, but other projects are now demanding my attention.

$850 shipped in the lower 48.
Postal money order, Paypal F&F, or you add the fee. I have been around FABO for 17 years with many transactions, I'm not going anywhere.

Thanks for looking!

20221012_075111.jpg

20221012_074935.jpg

20221012_073231.jpg

20221012_073146.jpg

20221012_073122.jpg

20221012_073430.jpg

20221012_073423.jpg

20221012_073133.jpg

20221012_073259.jpg

20221012_073052.jpg

Does that center carb have the fuel line on the same side as the other two? (It doesn’t look like to me) If so, that’s not an OEM Chrysler 6 pack carb then. I believe it to be the DC center carb.

Does that center carb have the fuel line on the same side as the other two? (It doesn’t look like to me) If so, that’s not an OEM Chrysler 6 pack carb then. I believe it to be the DC center carb.
They're all on the same side, I just took the fitting out to show the threads. The only numbers I could find on the center carb are on each side of the body, and the top corner of the air horn.

In my opinion these are the best six pack carbs available. I've been running them for decades and have always prefered them hands down to the factory vacuum set-up. Is that red paint removable?

In my opinion these are the best six pack carbs available. I've been running them for decades and have always prefered them hands down to the factory vacuum set-up. Is that red paint removable?
The paint comes off easily with carb cleaner. I only had one can left, or it would probably already be gone, lol...

**UPDATE**
I found center carb numbers on the metering block, showing 4792.
That's definitely curious.

I have two 4782 carbs here and both have 4782 stamped in the metering block (below 6525). I think your center carb is built from parts of lesser carbs. The throttle lever definitely seems similar to the 4782 rather than an OE center carb, but the float bowl is a repurposed 1850 part (hence the pipe plug where the transfer tube would go--the 4782 bowl does not feed that spot) and the metering block is OE 340 Six Pack auto as mentioned in the chart. I wonder if someone was trying to tame the more-440-oriented center carb for street use on an LA. As far as the plugged 1850 bowl goes, well, clearly a previous owner had problems with inlet fittings... :D

I agree with @jbc426 that these are spectacular carbs. Much more tunable than the OE stuff. I daily-drove a set on a 440 back in the mid-'90s. I later regretted selling them and it took me more than a year to find another set. If I hadn't, I'd be all over these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back