Do you use the self serve checkouts?

-
Well......at least using the self check out if you get caught stealing you can arrest yourself!!:rofl:

Try buying 14 odd nuts and bolts in the self check out. But the line is always shorter. You pump your own gas?

Hmmmm, seems to me the job has already been taken away when they put in the self checkout. And I don't think you'll ever get enough people to stop using them to get the job back.
That said, I only use the self check out if I'm in a big hurry or only have a couple items. If I have a cart full I go to the regular checkout.

I hate them. Most are not "user friendly" and there are lots of errors to trap you. If somebody wants to pay me to use them, then "maybe."

Even in the very few times I have used them they are useless because to pay by check the cashier needs to come over and get the check to run through her register.

It’s only an option, it’s not like they are forcing you to use it.

Sometimes it is faster, but sometimes not. Providing another option isn’t the same as taking one away. They still have the regular checkouts.

An added convenience for customers that choose to use it only makes good business sense.

Not everyone wants the same type of checkout experience.

I love them because you don't have to deal with a person. No chit chat, no weird looks, and no attitudes from some girl who hates life.

Self check is so easy, and you get in and get out.

It's not always a case of taking some ones job. If you'll watch, many of the places that have them, also have help wanted signs. I just retired after 48 years in retail. It's gotten harder and harder to hire help. Sometimes, that is the only way of taking care of the customers. Where I worked, we had 10 cash registers. There were times we would only have 2 or 3 open, with lanes backed up. It wasn't because we would not hire enough cashiers, it's because we couldn't find them to hire. Were it up to me, we would have installed some. (By the way, I don't like them either.)

I do because I prefer to pack my own bags. Live on the third floor so the less bags the better.

If I've got 3 or 4 items why should I stand in line when I can check myself out and be back to my car before I would have got to the cashier .I'm an old guy but I know" times they are a changin". Even if you don't use it do you really think it's going to change Managements mind and tear them out and hire more Cashiers?

Some stores only have the self check counters open at times. We were just in a Walmart in New Mexico and I guess after 10PM that store has one clerk manning the self checkouts and everyone else is stocking.

I will, only if I have just a couple of things. If I have to use a cart, then I'm going thru the checkout.
The self checks aren't going anywhere, so roll with it. As for them taking a job, I don't understand why the unions haven't done something.
As for Walmart, that place is a joke. I won't go in there if I can avoid it. They rarely have more than two or three lanes open and I despise the door nazi's. I'll drive further down the road or buy it from Amazon if I can wait on it.

Pay by check? Seriously? Who writes checks anymore. I haven't had a check book in ten years.......

And yes, I use self checkouts all the time. In, out, quick, no bs waiting in line answering questions and watching some 15 year old kid drop my potatoes on top of my eggs as he tries to stuff all my groceries into one bag.

Pay by check? Seriously? Who writes checks anymore. I haven't had a check book in ten years........

i do, twice a week
tithe and chinese food
everything else goes on the card

.Useless... because to pay by check ..
GTFO, you pay by check? I have not seen that in years...wait, I had to wait behind someone months ago writing a check.....get with it granny! :rofl:

<<EDIT>> My wife drops a check in the plate every sunday, I had forgotton about that one..

It’s only an option, it’s not like they are forcing you to use it.

Sometimes it is faster, but sometimes not. Providing another option isn’t the same as taking one away. They still have the regular checkouts.

An added convenience for customers that choose to use it only makes good business sense.

Not everyone wants the same type of checkout experience.
I use them only when I have to, but they are not always just an option. At the Home Depot in Topeka, There are almost never checkers available. I much prefer Lowes where they do not have self check out. However, sometimes I do have to go to HD. When I do, the self checkouts are almost always the ONLY option.

Even in the very few times I have used them they are useless because to pay by check the cashier needs to come over and get the check to run through her register.
What's a check? I had to write one a while back, and I had to think about it for a second.

nope.. illegal to pump your own gas here..

Had a gas station attendant get into a fight with me, out of state, once because of that.

I got out of my diesel, jammed my credit card into the pump and stuck the nozzle in the fill spout. He came running over, with a friggin baseball bat, because I was pumping my own fuel.

Who knew it was it against the law to pump your own fuel, after paying, in Jersey. Never heard of such a thing, people weren’t that lazy back home that they couldn’t fill up their own vehicle.

Had a gas station attendant get into a fight with me, out of state, once because of that.

I got out of my diesel, jammed my credit card into the pump and stuck the nozzle in the fill spout. He came running over, with a friggin baseball bat, because I was pumping my own fuel.

Who knew it was it against the law to pump your own fuel, after paying, in Jersey. Never heard of such a thing, people weren’t that lazy back home that they couldn’t fill up their own vehicle.
It’s not being lazy, it’s NJ state law. It was enacted to protect jobs.

-
Back