Dodge Magnum wagon owners

-
Good car, great ride/handling for a wagon. Get a hemi the V6's will disappoint you all the time.

Bargain priced E class Mercedes. Easy front end issues. Very solid car that drives excellent even with miles/years on it.

I just sold my wifes 2005 Magnum R/T with 96k miles on it.
We have driven the wheels off of it.
Drag raced it , burnouts, top ended it. We have driven this car harder than anything I've had before.
It ran 14.40's @ 96mph. Topped out at 133mph. Average 23mpg on the hiway.
I replaced the front rotors & pads @ 70k. Thats it.
The only concern that I had with it, was the front end would make a squeaking noise when turning @ 90k & the tie rods would rattle (common concern) & needed to be replaced.
I replaced it with a 300C, & have told the kids hands off. I have to admit it, it does great burn-outs as well. LOL

Well, I do like my '79. The car did come with a tired 318 in which I swapped out for a 400. I'm going to be putting in a well prep'd 360 with a Edelbrock heads, dual quad, AFB's, and Hooker Super Comp headers with a 727 and 3.55's, it'll run nice I think. It is the white one in the backround, of course. :blob:

Attachments

• Copy of 100_1957.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 247
I want a Magnum real bad!! I test drove a silver R/T a year ago and I wish I never did cause I have the fever now. They are tough to find cause they are so well liked by the people who own them, sort of a collectable car since it wasn't made very long. Even cooler is a SRT8 model Magnum :prayer:

Well, I do like my '79. The car did come with a tired 318 in which I swapped out for a 400. I'm going to be putting in a well prep'd 360 with a Edelbrock heads, dual quad, AFB's, and Hooker Super Comp headers with a 727 and 3.55's, it'll run nice I think. It is the white one in the backround, of course. :blob:

Good one lol :blob:

Had an 07 v-6 magnum. The 3.5 runs nice. Stay away from the 2.7 its a pig. Owned it from 17,000 miles to 40,000 miles. What a pile of crap. Pair of fuel pumps, two shifters, tie rods, undersized rotors, trans had a shudder they could never figure out and a few more things that I don't remember. No more newer Chrysler garbage for me.

Have a 05 Magnum R/T.It has been a great car and fun to drive.No problems to speak of first issue 2weeks ago.rear wheel speed sensor went bad.My word is go for it.

We have a 05 MAGNUM with 3.5HO rear wheel drive. The wife drive's it and love it , now she wants to put a procharger on it. The crazy part is , SHE FOUND ONE TO BOLT ON!!! Now for some reason the trans is out at 81,*** and they want alot to rebuild , a damm bench build ... Has some noise in the front end , but everybody tells me it's the sway bar bushings.. I would buy one. Just mine has problems right now..:eek:ops:

I LOVE mine.... :) Just installed a performance tune with my Diablosport Predator tuner....it made the car even more lively then it already is. Kicks even more *** now!

Attachments

• 295819_10150332792152046_524447045_8626356_1025628395_n.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 174
I don't have one but my friend Tom has a silver 09 Magnum and had a supercharged installed in it just this year as he said he did it because it wasn't a fast as his twin turbo Supra was. Tom is either 88 or 89 years old and been into cars all his life. Now he says, he may put all that has been done into a 6.0 and replace the 5.7..
Crazy ol'people, ain't they!

Try to get your hands on an 08 model. They made changes for the better. Plus the srt8 model look so much more meaner compared to the 05-07 models.

The Magnum is an awesome ride. It does everything well and carries the kids and all their gear in comfort. Mine is an '08 R/T with a 5.7 and bit of a freak. In stock form has run a best of 13.34 @ 104. Not too bad for a daily driver.

I have a lot of experience with the entire line of LX's, ie: Magnums, Chargers, 300's and a few Challengers and SRT8 Jeeps as well. I have been a member of LX Forums, the forums dedicated to these vehicles, for 6 years. At my garage we mod the hell out of them. I have had the top end off of about 15 of them doing cams, heads, headers, as well as water and oil pumps and the like. I have also done a couple of torque converters as well. I have owned two magnums, an R/T and a SRT, and we still have on 08 R/T Charger.

Now that you know my background here's my opinion:
I think for the money they are the best vehicles on the road. As someone mentioned earlier, they are an "E" Class Mercedes for half the price. They make great power and get great mileage. They are very mod friendly. They do have a few known issues that usually don't work out to be much. They are notorious for having tie rod end problems. Once you get them replaced with a greasable Moog part your all good. The 05's had a cradle shift problem. Meaning that they didn't really align right until you took it to a shop that knows what they are doing and shift the engine cradle slightly.

I highly suggest you go over to www.lxforums.com and browse around. Read all about them. Very friendly and helpful group over there. You will learn a lot, and maybe find some great deals! My username over there is Slim.

Happy shopping!

Here's my first Magnum
BremertonDrags019.jpg

Here's my last Magnum

IMAG0039.jpg

And here is our Charger

LeesasMods.jpg

Loved the magnum but ball joints went out tooooo fast

-
Back