Does anyone have a super straight car that is easily measured and photos of front frame rails and core support structure ?

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 70 dart with an obvious little bit of crunch on the driver side frame rail and where the front bolt of the k-member must have kept it from going up, it appears to be pulled down an 1/8 of an inch or so.
Also a dead giveaway is the thick pinch weld that would be directly under the battery box is bent up slightly.
I have taken some measurements to compare side to side. One important measurement to me is the upper control arm mount location which is off by a good 1/8 to 3/16 .
The car is being built as a drag car and stability and going straight is pretty important semi- life & death) lol.
Anyways I forgot I probably should give some photos to help you guys tell me something.
Tommorow but any photos tonight would be awesome.
Thank you!!

I have a 70 dart with an obvious little bit of crunch on the driver side frame rail and where the front bolt of the k-member must have kept it from going up, it appears to be pulled down an 1/8 of an inch or so.
Also a dead giveaway is the thick pinch weld that would be directly under the battery box is bent up slightly.
I have taken some measurements to compare side to side. One important measurement to me is the upper control arm mount location which is off by a good 1/8 to 3/16 .
The car is being built as a drag car and stability and going straight is pretty important semi- life & death) lol.
Anyways I forgot I probably should give some photos to help you guys tell me something.
Tommorow but any photos tonight would be awesome.
Thank you!!
No measurements at the moment, but you can get a body diagram from a Motor manual.

MVC-017F.JPG

Run over to MyMopar.com, there are many years of free factory service manuals you can download. Some of them there, got there from the guys right here.

Oh dang, I'm glad you saved it.
This was after the pictures I posted above, I was two weeks away from driving it for the first time in 20 years when a 12V LI battery for my drill in the charger burned my garage down...

This was after the pictures I posted above, I was two weeks away from driving it for the first time in 20 years when a 12V LI battery for my drill in the charger burned my garage down...
Shoot, that's horrible.
If I lived closer to you I'd be over to help

Shoot, that's horrible.
If I lived closer to you I'd be over to help
Thanks, I haven't had the will to start the restoration over, I used all NOS parts the first time, will have to use reproduction parts now, it has been almost 10 years since it burned. Let me know if you need any other pictures, I have a dozen Darts and Barracuda's laying around...

Thanks guys for those factory drawings , I should be able to get what I need off of that.

-
Back