Driverside exhaust manifold

-

mycuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe re hashing old threads but before a fab a cast driverside manifold for my 65 Dart magnum. Wanna now any other options oth than 340 manifold ($) with not much better flow than 273 dinky set up.
Compared to the PS that I found thru Dorman that's huge.

Thanks

Dave

Great thread.
Even 340 hipo. Will leave no option but cut fender well close to UCA. BOLT.

If I do that might as well put fender well headers.
To me that's a sin ....fender wells on a small block.

Especially a 1 5/8" tubes

You could always run TTI's. No cutting involved but pricey. That's what I'm running in a 65 Barracuda.

IMG_3172.jpeg

Yup you bet, and I'm using the large bel housing not the 9.5. I have a magnum 406 small Block so I didn't think the small clutch would hold up. It was really tight but doable. I have no rubbing on the headers for clutch movement.

Awesome info thanks.
But if keep car /convertible frame ties.
I did alot of work to save this car.
Front floor pans. Rear fabbed pans 8 3/4 springs to rail for tires.
Left front frame rail. Car should've been junked. I call it Frankendart..lol
But kept it alive but just around town car.
Both quarters replaced Cuda gas cap fab.

Anyhow thanks for info appreciate it.

20211116_183759.jpg

Here's what I'm working toward.
Which manifold this is better wit roller rocker magnum with big cam?
Lol

20211223_162414.jpg

Here's what I'm working toward.
Which manifold this is better wit roller rocker magnum with big cam?
Lol

View attachment 1715841325
Your original statement said the drivers side and both of those are passenger side manifolds.

The magnum manifolds are said to flow more so it would be a no brainer which one to use. The ‘92 magnum manifolds had a 2.5” exit, had a couple pairs back when they were new.

I can offer no advice on fitment of a drivers side setup as my only early A body had a 340 and fenderwell headers when I got the car.

Cliff Ramsdell

Your original statement said the drivers side and both of those are passenger side manifolds.

The magnum manifolds are said to flow more so it would be a no brainer which one to use. The ‘92 magnum manifolds had a 2.5” exit, had a couple pairs back when they were new.

I can offer no advice on fitment of a drivers side setup as my only early A body had a 340 and fenderwell headers when I got the car.

Cliff Ramsdell
Thanks, passenger will work,trying to fab/find something close to size of the Dorman PS
In pic I bought

-
Back