Ebay GT45 + 5.9 Magnum + E85 blow thru

-
If you're looking to go new, i'd look into moser! I'm so happy with my dana 60 thats custom width. Dana is a bit cheaper than a 9 but keep in mind that the highest gear you can run in a 60 is 3.54. I got mine with disks for a really good deal compared to what used 8 3/4 were going for. If you're looking to keep it cheap just chop your 8 3/4!

View attachment 1715057976

View attachment 1715057977

View attachment 1715057979
Wow, that setup looks great! What were the final dimensions on your Dana 60and what wheel/tire/backspace are you running? The stance looks awesome. Leaf spring car? I'm going to look into that Moser Dana. I have a back braced Moser 8 3/4 I'm thinking about sending back to them to be narrowed. Cost to narrow housing isn't bad at all.

Wow, that setup looks great! What were the final dimensions on your Dana 60and what wheel/tire/backspace are you running? The stance looks awesome. Leaf spring car? I'm going to look into that Moser Dana. I have a back braced Moser 8 3/4 I'm thinking about sending back to them to be narrowed. Cost to narrow housing isn't bad at all.
15x10 with a 325/50/15, total width wheel to wheel on the axle was about 51 1/4. Yesssir still a leaf spring car! Shitty stockers for now till i save the cash for cal tracs and their leafs! Went from a 7 1/4 with 2.76's to a 60 with 4.10's! excited to drive it again!

15x10 with a 325/50/15, total width wheel to wheel on the axle was about 51 1/4. Yesssir still a leaf spring car! Shitty stockers for now till i save the cash for cal tracs and their leafs! Went from a 7 1/4 with 2.76's to a 60 with 4.10's! excited to drive it again!
Those 325s look awesome. I'd love to fit that tire in my wheel well. Not sure if it would go. Are they Mickey Thompsons or? And what was your wheel backspace? Love the look and good luck with your build!

Those 325s look awesome. I'd love to fit that tire in my wheel well. Not sure if it would go. Are they Mickey Thompsons or? And what was your wheel backspace? Love the look and good luck with your build!
They are huge lol! Yeah Mickey Thompson Et Street R. 4.5 bs. Thanks! I love the build the only reason i know how high the gear ratio in a 60 goes is cause after i saw your build i'm thinking once this drivetrain is done i may have to get to building a turbo setup!

IMG_6346.JPG
IMG_6353.JPG

IMG_6349.JPG

Making some progress on the mini tub. Using the USCAR TOOL spring relocation boxes. Really nice pieces. Sent my housing off to Moser to be narrowed with new axels, billet ends, braced. Ordered new rear disk brakes also. Total WMS to WMS will be "50.25", using 15x10 rims with a 4.5" backspace.

Had a guest all week (Irma) that put life on hold. Getting the rearend and brakes mocked up.
IMG_6596.JPG
IMG_6593.JPG
IMG_6568.JPG

Love the progress, can't wait to see this thing do some wheelies now!

This is my Buddy Larry's 1988 Dodge D150. We did this last year. Twin 70mm turbos with dual FiTech EFI on a stock bottom 318. We haven't taken the boost past 5 PSI but it sure seems like an animal. Good luck with yours, it looks like it's gonna rock.

IMG_20170325_221724585_TOP-2672x2004.jpg

Makes complete sense.....
Yeah although it was a PIA it was still the easiest way and because they were turbo headers they positioned everything nicely. We had to cut the Chevy flanges off, reshape the tubes and fill in any gaps with weld. They came out pretty nice.

By the way the headers are Chevy's with the flanges replaced with Mopars

"What headers" are they? By the way I did this back in the 70's putting a 340 in an old FJ-40 Landcruiser. A833 with (crap) advance adapter to straight through Jeep transfer case

"What headers" are they? By the way I did this back in the 70's putting a 340 in an old FJ-40 Landcruiser. A833 with (crap) advance adapter to straight through Jeep transfer case
I will get the info off of my Buddy tomorrow. He's coming over to work on getting my engine out of my Dart.

Moment of truth. Mounted the tires, hung the rear end and set car back on the ground to check the tire-to-frame and wheel well clearances. Plenty of room all around!
IMG_6863.JPG

IMG_6859.JPG

Scariest part is setting it back down on the ground! I was shaking when I did mine. Looks good

Scariest part is setting it back down on the ground! I was shaking when I did mine. Looks good
No kidding! Even after laying under the car and measuring 24 different times 15 different ways, writing it all down, doing the math, repeating the whole exercise again the next day... you still doubt yourself until everything is installed and sitting back on the ground.

-
Back