Edelbrock Elite Valve Covers

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 360 that has these valve covers. How do you get them off? There are only 3 bolts (along the bottom) and there's something else holding them on. Why only 3 bolts?

nope there is other bolts on the top as well...they are really long ones....do you have a stock valve cover there you can see where they are bolted on....

Thanks, chasduster. I found them. Two of the "fake" bolts are real ones.

those are my fav v/c.....when you buy them new they send you xtra allen heads incase you forget where they are and break them off......

DSCF0626.jpg

DSCF0627.jpg

I bought a set of those and was truly unimpressed by the Taiwan casting quality. Looked like junk and back to Summit they went.

I run a set and they're the first valve covers I've had that you can leave in place to pull the intake

i thought vic says all his stuff is proudly made in the usa

Not his valve covers, that's for d@mn sure. I'm guessing that the air filter is not made here either although after the first piece of crap I received, I most certainly would never order any "Elite" junk ever again.

It's very possible that I just got a really bad set from a bad mold and subsequent cast sets did not have this problem.

I was disappointed that Edelbrock would not return my e-mails as I wasn't even asking them for anything as Summit took care of me, just sent pictures and asked them what there QC policy was and if they were aware of the problem.

Cudachick,

Those look freakin fantastic! I would have used yours had I known at the time that I could gotten them from you with your special touch!

I should add that every Eddy manifold I ever used was of excellent casting quality.

Thanks ramcharger! The one-off custom stuff is my favorite part of the job. The more difficult and intricate a job is, the more I love it. Anticipating the PMs, those usually run between $75 - $125 a set before the FABO discount depending on the color choices.

Hey ramcharger, I was expecting the same thing as you got when I was waiting for mine. They are actually REALLY nice. You must have got a "fluke" set. I'm usually against any kind of "dress up" stuff, but I have to say that the set I have are preatty cool. They are not "junk". I dont know, I'm actually glad that I'm not using the "elite" air filter as well. I think it is overkill. But that is for me. If I could have scored a good set of commando valve covers that is what my first choice is. These are not even my second choice. I'd say I would rather have some old MT's or similar. But these will work. I plan on sending them to cudachick when money will allow. I'm going to have her do the tops in 273/Chrysler red. Then my water neck is the red and my kick down is also the red. I think it should look really cool. We'll see.

Edelbrock top end stuff.001.jpg

Hey ramcharger, I was expecting the same thing as you got when I was waiting for mine. They are actually REALLY nice. You must have got a "fluke" set. I'm usually against any kind of "dress up" stuff, but I have to say that the set I have are preatty cool. They are not "junk". I dont know, I'm actually glad that I'm not using the "elite" air filter as well. I think it is overkill. But that is for me. If I could have scored a good set of commando valve covers that is what my first choice is. These are not even my second choice. I'd say I would rather have some old MT's or similar. But these will work. I plan on sending them to cudachick when money will allow. I'm going to have her do the tops in 273/Chrysler red. Then my water neck is the red and my kick down is also the red. I think it should look really cool. We'll see.

It's entirely possible that I got a crap set and it was a fluke like a bad contractor, mold or release problem, etc. They were so bad that I know they would've leaked oil everywhere.

A little note back from Eddy saying "Oh yeah, these must've slipped through and we've resolved the problem." would've been nice. Otherwise I had no choice but to believe that all their valve covers were just like the ones I got.

I like the look too or I wouldn't have ordered them myself. Leanna sure does make them special though..... :cheers:

I bought a set a few years back tried to bolt them to a set of edelbrock heads the bolt hole would not line up, after drilling and filling I got them to fit. I am not sure but I think my came from mexico been a few years. After all that work they leaked oil so I selfed them.

so are those sand blasted and clear on them or is that silver powder coat

All of those I posted were media blasted but none were clear-coated. The first stage base powder is a silver metallic called Alien Silver, one of my more popular colors. The different topcoat colors on each set match the customers' cars.

Obviously, there's nothing nailing you down on having that silver as a base color (there's 6,499 other choices), it just happens to be very popular around here.

-
Back