edelbrock heads

-

stroker 340

Reaction score
purchased a pair of edelbrock heads full cnc stage 3 (60779 S3) from hughes engines back in
2012.looking at doing a cam upgrade and have lost the flow sheets,have contacted hughes engines but they are unable to provide me with flow sheet as they do not keep old data. Can anyone please help with some flow sheet pics.Please note their current 60799 S3 heads flow numbers are different to the 2012-2013 ones.

Sorry, I don have the information you are looking for but that seems a bit irresponsible of Hughes not to archive their product info. I wonder if you spoke to someone who was just too lazy to retrieve it.

yes,i was thinking the same about Hughes.Shall try again
hopefully with some better results.Thanks!!

Why not put them on a flow bench near you? Granted they won't be the same numbers as Hughes, though they will be relevent and meaningful and give you the information you are looking for.

Why not put them on a flow bench near you? Granted they won't be the same numbers as Hughes, though they will be relevent and meaningful and give you the information you are looking for.
NOT INTO LOOKING UP OTHER PEOPLES NUMBERS, WHAT HEADS ARE THEY ???

Look through the archive articles on their site. Most of those heads were in a claimed 285-295 range at .600-.650 lift IIRC. Rarely were they over 300.

I will say this that EVERY set of hughes heads never flowed the numbers they said on two benches out here. YMMY

yes,i was thinking the same about Hughes.Shall try again
hopefully with some better results.Thanks!!
Welcome aboard!

Just don’t worry about the flow numbers. Just go dor the cam change and worry not. Re- equippe the heads with the proper springs as needed.

Welcome aboard!

Just don’t worry about the flow numbers. Just go dor the cam change and worry not. Re- equippe the heads with the proper springs as needed.

I don't know my flow numbers either RustyRatRod, but I am driving the car instead of having all the numbers on everything.
Is that ok?
Thanks.

You know...if the people of Australia want to be part of OUR world, they should get off and push it closer...just saying.:poke::lol:

You know, the word is getting out.
We're seeing more and more guys from Oz,and NZ, and UK, and Norway,Sweden Denmark,France,some points in "other" Americas, all over Canada, and Alaska...........
I remind myself all the time, to look at the location,location, cuz
they can't always pop over to the Speed-shop and just get what they need,lol.

purchased a pair of edelbrock heads full cnc stage 3 (60779 S3) from hughes engines back in
2012.looking at doing a cam upgrade and have lost the flow sheets,have contacted hughes engines but they are unable to provide me with flow sheet as they do not keep old data. Can anyone please help with some flow sheet pics.Please note their current 60799 S3 heads flow numbers are different to the 2012-2013 ones.

I don't know if you've exhausted researching this topic on the net but there seems to be several related articles. I didn't read through this one but there may be some useful info. It came out on 9/26/12.

Hughes Engines - CNC Super-Prepped - Mopar Muscle Magazine

Do you have an invoice number ,with payment attachment ? Those invoices should be attachment, to such. ( And flow number results).

what the! please explain
T the comment below....
You know...if the people of Australia want to be part of OUR world, they should get off and push it closer...just saying.:poke::lol:
An otherwise rude and dickheaded statement, he somehow tries to make it a joke with the poking stick emojis and the laughing face to let you know he is not serious in the statement and just clowning around.

Take no offense if possibles

Do you have an invoice number ,with payment attachment ? Those invoices should be attachment, to such. ( And flow number results).
T the comment below....

An otherwise rude and dickheaded statement, he somehow tries to make it a joke with the poking stick emojis and the laughing face to let you know he is not serious in the statement and just clowning around.

Take no offense if possibles
thanks for the break down of it rumblefish360!!.At first thought he was bit of a knob jockey!,but all good no offense taken.Anyway has'nt anyone in the US purchased a pair of eddy 60779 S3 full cnc heads 2012-2013 versions from Hughes Engines that can help with the flow chart.???

I’m sure someone made the full CNC ported head, but they may not be on this board. From what I remember, there port work was slightly better than the Indy T/A head by a few scant numbers.

Like I said back in post #4, go to a local shop with a bench, unless you don't have one local; I understand that that is a possibility. I wouldn't get real hung up on the numbers, they are really only generalities and not ment to be absolute.

I know Hughes lists charts of flow up to .700 lift, intake of just under/just over 300 cfm. When you originally bought the heads; do you remember how much power they stated the heads would support?

You stated that you are looking to do a cam up grade.......what do you have now and what are you looking at to move up to?

Given Hughes' history - get them flowed by your local performance machine shop. Reality might be different than published results.

-
Back