Edelbrock/Musi heads (WOW)

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
Very impressive !

Screenshot_20230802-093844.png

Screenshot_20230802-093829.png

Screenshot_20230802-093809.png

Absolutely beautiful, hopefully they give the BBM a big victor option.
I still think that if they would create a demand for their products that they would have buyer's. That's what they did for the Chevy and Ford guys. Edelbrock has a cylinder head just for the small block small bore Chevy, it has 1.910" intake valve's and 1.500" exhaust valve's and the chambers are closed chamber, if I remember correctly the intake runners are 170cc. How many guys on here have asked about street performance heads for their 273 / 318's? I truly believe that if the aftermarket would offer cylinder heads for the 318 and 273 that they would sell. Same thing for pistons

That's a step in the right direction! Lets hope they include Mopar!

I still think that if they would create a demand for their products that they would have buyer's. That's what they did for the Chevy and Ford guys. Edelbrock has a cylinder head just for the small block small bore Chevy, it has 1.910" intake valve's and 1.500" exhaust valve's and the chambers are closed chamber, if I remember correctly the intake runners are 170cc. How many guys on here have asked about street performance heads for their 273 / 318's? I truly believe that if the aftermarket would offer cylinder heads for the 318 and 273 that they would sell. Same thing for pistons
BUYERS create DEMAND. Manufacturers create SUPPLY.

SUPPLY and DEMAND. That's how it works.

True. But we can't buy what they won't make.
And, if they make it, and price it at chevy x 2 or 3, we won't buy it either!
Nope cause Mopar guys are some cheap bastids.

BUYERS create DEMAND. Manufacturers create SUPPLY.

SUPPLY and DEMAND. That's how it works.
To a point I understand what you're saying, but the manufacturer's know that there would be a demand for their products if they would produce them. The small block Fords have 2 different cylinder heads for the milder build engine's, one is the afr's 165 and edelbrock's 170. They took a chance and offered these cylinder heads and they are selling, the aftermarket has to know that the mopar crowd would buy their cylinder heads if they were available. I would.

^^ SBM edelbrock/speedmaster heads are a 170cc runner? And work just fine an a 318.
I think You should buy a car before you think about buying a set of heads.

To a point I understand what you're saying, but the manufacturer's know that there would be a demand for their products if they would produce them. The small block Fords have 2 different cylinder heads for the milder build engine's, one is the afr's 165 and edelbrock's 170. They took a chance and offered these cylinder heads and they are selling, the aftermarket has to know that the mopar crowd would buy their cylinder heads if they were available. I would.
Yep. I'm sure there are warehouses of unsold Trick Flow mopar heads all over, that they don't know what to do with.
(they SELL, despite the fact they are half again the price of chevy or Ford heads!) We just won't pay 2 or 3 times chevy prices for stuff! If that makes us cheap bastids, so be it.
My favorit3 stuff is Mopar, my fast stuff is chevy powered, cause parts is cheap!

Yep. I'm sure there are warehouses of unsold Trick Flow mopar heads all over, that they don't know what to do with.
(they SELL, despite the fact they are half again the price of chevy or Ford heads!) We just won't pay 2 or 3 times chevy prices for stuff! If that makes us cheap bastids, so be it.
My favorit3 stuff is Mopar, my fast stuff is chevy powered, cause parts is cheap!
I fully admit I'm a cheap bastid. lol

It doesn't matter whether it's GM, Ford, or Chrysler - most people in this hobby are cheap to some degree.

MOPAR guys have to spend 2x to 3x more than everyone else for the same parts so we have to be more selective about what we buy. Not everyone is made of money.

Those heads look pretty awesome BTW. I'll start selling my bone marrow.

Those heads are great for somebody who wants to go mid four second laps in the eighth.
I wanna go mid sixes in the eighth, and my whole car has less money in it than those heads (and the associated stuff that HAS to go with them) cost.

Last edited:
Man if I had a Mopar set of those I would be Mr fancy pants at the local strip...I would leave the hood off just for bragging rights...

dont know bout that , we seem to pay more for everything , perf. related !!!
Aftermarket iron wedge block for 540cu in. Custom pistons to match the heads, 4340 crank, good rods, roller cam, I'll bet you have $10-12k in the short block
440-1, B-1, indy 572 to make power with that big a motor, plus pro porting.... $7k up . So maybe $20k or more, if pro built and assembled.
Chevy 632, good parts thru out, dyno'ed at 800+hp (with lots of room to make more) and at your door in a week, $14k.
Mopar is hard.

-
Back