engine mounts

-

mytmopar71

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if it would bother anything to shim the engine mounts by a quarter inch to help with header clearance?

I did this with no issues on my Duster. I needed about the same amount 1/4 inch for header clearance for the power steering box. and couldn't bring myself to modify the TTI headers like i did the hooker set i ran before.

I am having trouble with the same thing, and I heard it solves the problem. SO I am curious to know if it works for you. Right now, when I turn right...and accelerate, the motor torques and the steering arm catches on the header pipe (so if I let off the gas a little it releases it). Yes...I know I sound like the guy who complains to the doctor "It hurts when I lift my arm like this...and the Dr says: "Well, then don't lift your arm like that!" (But I really don't have a choice, I have to turn right at my stop sign to leave my house so I am stuck!) LOL....So I have heard it works to shim the motor mounts...so please let me know how this works for you! Thanks!

It works , have had to shim mounts a few times . These car were built at a time when +/- 1/4 inch was a good fit

If you shim it that much I would check the u joint work angles before hand and write them down. If you have a driveshaft vibration after the fact you will have a reference point. Raising the motor drops the tailshaft.

I had to do mine for the same tti reason but lately looking at some of the Mancini HD interlocking mounts and just putting the them in place of the spacer I currently have.

I even thought about putting a /6 motor mount on if it would fit. Not sure if it will or not.

-
Back