F*rd comin' back to the USA?

-
Seems to be a trend. Wal Mart just recently moved their shoe plant from China to Georgia.

saw that a while back. sounds like a good thing to me. need to start building more stuff here in the USA

wow! that is good to hear. good reason to like ford now a days.

Because of energy costs and the rising costs of labor in other countries (and falling/leveling in the USA), there isn't much extra cost to build it here, and in a lot of cases, the quality control is better so they save money in the long run.

its about time ......outsourcing is a huge DUH......the politician who thought of outsourcing should really be held for treason......the whole thing never even made sense for the U.S. economy.

what happened to the days of everything imported from Detroit baby......they need to come back.

anyone who thinks Mr. Toyota or china gives a damn about the U.S. is a sheer fool :finga:

wow! that is good to hear. good reason to like ford now a days.

was there ever anything wrong with ford???? i dont any but i never saw them as bad......heck a 70 torino with a 390 looks good......or i would big block a pinto :prayer:

Nice to see you back,. Rani.

Nice to see you back,. Rani.

Thanks Mr. Rob sir.....i have had some things change in my life but i still have my cars untill someone prys my cold dead hands from my craftsman wrenches :D It will be even sweeter when sears wakes up and brings everything craftsman back to being made in USA like it should be

Good things I hope. Things have got a little rougher here, but we'll manage one way or another. ;)

Thanks Mr. Rob sir.....i have had some things change in my life but i still have my cars untill someone prys my cold dead hands from my craftsman wrenches :D It will be even sweeter when sears wakes up and brings everything craftsman back to being made in USA like it should be

Welcome back Rani. I hope these changes in your life won't interfere with playing with cars.

No workers left in mexico to build the cars...they are all across the border.

Ford is shutting down in Australia in 2016.
They've been making cars here since 1925.
So is Holden and Toyota...shutting down.....Mitsubishi went a few years ago.

The trucks will be built in the plant that was making the Econoline van which has been discontinued. They had planned on closing that plant till they brought the med. duty trucks in.

Work with several guys that transferred to Louisville thinking they would be out of a job.

Several companies are bringing their product back. With high fuel cost, transportation is equalling the labor cost. Plus the wages here has been stagnate for many years.

Right now my plant (Oakville Assembly Complex) Ford Plant in Oakville,Ontario Canada is hiring 6-800 people.This is after we took many workers from plants that shut down in St.Thomas and Windsor.Nice to see a hiring spree after many years of no hiring.

Now this is some good news to see this morning :cheers:

Where have you been!!!! I only had two more rocks to look under for you............. Wellcome back

Attachments

• thCAHSBABP.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 224
The Summit catalog has a feature on a Craftsman tool series that's made in USA (again).

Ford is positioning their decent selling tansit connect as a mini-van now.

I've been listening to some financial "experts" that say ideas on outsourcing labor, and it's effect on the working and middle class date back centuries, and come to the conclusion that for limited periods of time, it can be very beneficial to the upper class while seriously eroding the others, but is ultimately not sustainable.

Hmm, looks like they were right.

Toyota, Kia, Hyuandai and others all seem to be able to build cars in your country, it's about time your own companies made more effort to do the same. If nobody has jobs then ultimately there is nobody left to buy their products.

-
Back