F*rd comin' back to the USA?

-
Toyota, Kia, Hyuandai and others all seem to be able to build cars in your country, it's about time your own companies made more effort to do the same. If nobody has jobs then ultimately there is nobody left to buy their products.
Yup no income means no sales.

One reason: the plant that builds F-650's and F-750's in Mexico is not a Ford plant. It's the Blue Diamond Truck plant, a joint effort between Ford and International. That relationship is ending.

Toyota, Kia, Hyuandai and others all seem to be able to build cars in your country, it's about time your own companies made more effort to do the same. If nobody has jobs then ultimately there is nobody left to buy their products.

Toyota, Kia, Hyuandai are not unionized plants. Also, what unions plants there are have "sweetheart" deals with the UAW. Ford and GM do not PRESENTLY have that, but, I'll bet it's in the works.

the politician who thought of outsourcing should really be held for treason......

I don't think it was a politician who came up with it...pretty sure Jack Welch of GE popularized outsourcing (at least in the Software industry - then everyone jumped on the GE style bandwagon (which has many other awful ideas besides outsourcing incorporated)):

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB111151806639186539

Before that, I think it was mostly manufacturing that was getting outsourced (e.g. several of my not-yet-vintage US made cars made in Canada), the maquiladora program in Mexico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquiladora ), the fact there hasn't been a US made TV since probably Heath Kit in the 80s (and those kits were full of parts made overseas).

We need to decide if we're happier with $169 32" LED TVs (walmart.com), or if we're willing to buy the same TV for $499 (or whatever it would cost to get them built here) in exchange for more jobs.

The other factor is that corporations are managed (and senior managers compensated/graded) on quarterly results and stockholder value - not on doing things that are for the long-term health of the company. Cutting expenses is easier than increasing revenue...at least for a while. Then, they come to outsource you...

Nice to see some companies moving things back this way - the market needs to support it (by buying these products) for it to be sustainable.

Things are looking up, according to leading economic expert

lmao... What choice do we have? Last month's report of 0.1% economic growth was down graded this month to "Negative Economic Growth". The ONLY way we can go, to show any economic improvement, no matter how minute, is up, and while Forbes is being generous with their predictions, there is a BUNCH of doubt.

"CBS “Evening News” mentioned that the already weak first-quarter GDP number ( of 1/10th of 1 percent growth) was revised down to negative 1 percent growth".

lmao... What choice do we have? Last month's report of 0.1% economic growth was down graded this month to "Negative Economic Growth". The ONLY way we can go, to show any economic improvement, no matter how minute, is up, and while Forbes is being generous with their predictions, there is a BUNCH of doubt.

"CBS “Evening News” mentioned that the already weak first-quarter GDP number ( of 1/10th of 1 percent growth) was revised down to negative 1 percent growth".

That's a long term prediction...like for the next decade and onwards.

I happen to be very close with a "leading economic expert" and his predictions ain't so glamorous.

I did. lol

"ain't so glamorous" isn't elaborating. What are his actual predictions? What data is provided to back up his claims?

This is from the pdf you linked to me. Did you read the whole thing?

"The chart’s bottom line gives projected world GDP growth for 2014 along with expected population growth. World GDP growth is a much brighter number than the forecast for the developed world. 3.4% is huge relative to 2.6%, the expected growth for the U.S.
With population growth well below GDP growth, we get significant increases in world per capita GDP.
In spite of all the tough times we observe, life, on average, is getting better."

Doesn't sound like doom and gloom to me...

The problem is, it's only a "Prediction". Presently, here in the US, Job growth isn't even keeping up with population growth.
Add to that a liberal influx of illegal and legal aliens, and the picture for the US isn't as bright as it could be.

The problem with "predictions" is that they don't account for world events. According to the President and his cronies, 2009 was the "Summer of Recovery". Reality paints a different picture.

You got inflation going nuts.You got everybody's extra pocket money going to pay for gas.
I bought a loaded 1976 4X4 power wagon for 7K brand new. Even ordered it. In 79' I ordered a brand new loaded Pathfinder 4X4 van for 12K.A guy could actually work hard then, and pay cash, or at least pay it off pretty quick.
How much is a new 4X4 dodge truck now? 40-50K? Can a guy pay cash, or ever dream of paying something like that off in any realistic time frame?
Did wages go up that much from 76 to now?
I was always self employed.I couldn't imagine being in business now, with all the over head and rules.
I am not a doom and gloom guy, actually very positive.I see some things a little better, but it's going to be a while till we dig out this time.

You got inflation going nuts.You got everybody's extra pocket money going to pay for gas.
I bought a loaded 1976 4X4 power wagon for 7K brand new. Even ordered it. In 79' I ordered a brand new loaded Pathfinder 4X4 van for 12K.A guy could actually work hard then, and pay cash, or at least pay it off pretty quick.
How much is a new 4X4 dodge truck now? 40-50K? Can a guy pay cash, or ever dream of paying something like that off in any realistic time frame?
Did wages go up that much from 76 to now?
I was always self employed.I couldn't imagine being in business now, with all the over head and rules.
I am not a doom and gloom guy, actually very positive.I see some things a little better, but it's going to be a while till we dig out this time.

You're spot on with this post, Duster.
My NEW 1976 Dodge B200 van, with a laundry list of options was $5200.00 ($133.00 a month for 36 month, and I paid it off in 18 months).
Even in 1981, my wife purchased a new Olds Cutlless Supreme for $11K.

The dollars simply went further, and was worth far more than it is now, and seemingly could ever be worth, again.

you can't do business with governments run by drug dealers and slave workers ,we bought there bs hook line and sinker, now when 40% of there products are rejected and our business leaders ask for warranty there's no translation of this word. the business people are the ones paying to get this crap to our shores, I think a light finally were on ,and everyone knows once they get you there then they squeeze more out of your pocket, DO YOU THINK THEY LEARNED A LESSON?

-
Back