FABO Instagram account!

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I know a lot of you old timers aren't huge on social media. However Instagram is one cool thing. It's used to share pictures and videos only and I think it would be great to see a fabo account. Pictures of members cars could be featured and build progress. It also could be used to get the word out about the forum and show other mopar guys that our a bodies are cool too. There is a new member on the forum called classicsdaily and he runs a couple great accounts. Maybe he could run the account with the help of some admins.

Of course it would be nice to get joeys approval before slapping the sacred name On a Instagram account but I think it is a great idea and way to share our cars with millions!

"Classicsdaily" is owned and ran by a young gun named Kaleb, now he has a second profile, "MoparsDaily" Some sweet stuff! He is a true Mopar enthusiast.

Hey guys!
I would like to help, but I'm really pressed on time. I'm an associate editor at ProTouring Magazine, writing occasionally for BangShift.com, running both pages, working full time, and going to school full time.
I wish I could say that I could help out and run it, but I'm quite busy! Great idea though. :burnout:

Hey guys!
I would like to help, but I'm really pressed on time. I'm an associate editor at ProTouring Magazine, writing occasionally for BangShift.com, running both pages, working full time, and going to school full time.
I wish I could say that I could help out and run it, but I'm quite busy! Great idea though. :burnout:

Wow. I didn't know you were that involved in so many things. I'm sure there are other members that would be willing to step up. If not then I could do it but I can't promise much with the way my schedule is for work!

I know a lot of you old timers aren't huge on social media. However Instagram is one cool thing. It's used to share pictures and videos only and I think it would be great to see a fabo account. Pictures of members cars could be featured and build progress. It also could be used to get the word out about the forum and show other mopar guys that our a bodies are cool too. There is a new member on the forum called classicsdaily and he runs a couple great accounts. Maybe he could run the account with the help of some admins.

Of course it would be nice to get joeys approval before slapping the sacred name On a Instagram account but I think it is a great idea and way to share our cars with millions!

You're right...this old timer isn't real hip on the idea. I get what I need in that respect right here.:):)

I didn't realize you did all that either. Awesome. I truly enjoy your instagram page Classicsdaily.

Hey guys!

badass scamp project. Can't wait to see it finished

Quite a bit of people seem to enjoy just seeing my beaked car, would love to have a FABO IG account, actually surprised this isn't already a thing ! I follow @classicsdaily and @mopardaily. I'm @cjgrins ! Let me know of any updates !

Quite a bit of people seem to enjoy just seeing my beaked car, would love to have a FABO IG account, actually surprised this isn't already a thing !

Why are you not surprised that I im not particularly interested in taking our members from here and encourage them to post somewhere else?

instagram, facebook, all that social media stuff is terrible for the kinds of discussions that go on here. Search for how to install something and see how many facebook listings you get. Zero. The stuff people post here stays here and is available for years to come.

why are you not surprised that i im not particularly interested in taking our members from here and encourage them to post somewhere else?

Instagram, facebook, all that social media stuff is terrible for the kinds of discussions that go on here. Search for how to install something and see how many facebook listings you get. Zero. The stuff people post here stays here and is available for years to come.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why are you not surprised that I im not particularly interested in taking our members from here and encourage them to post somewhere else?

instagram, facebook, all that social media stuff is terrible for the kinds of discussions that go on here. Search for how to install something and see how many facebook listings you get. Zero. The stuff people post here stays here and is available for years to come.

Honestly I would personally view it much more as a entertainment platform then educational. Nothing can replace fabo and I don't want it to at all. I just thought it would be cool to maybe have a members ride featured daily and just look at cool pictures of our a bodies.

Like I said before though it's your site so no one should do anything with the name without your blessing. Feel free to delete the thread and the idea can die here. No hard feelings.

I'm surprised because I would figure it would be a good way to bring more attention to this forum. Where as you may think it might encourage people to post elsewhere, instead it may bring a younger generation with interest for classic cars a whole new world to them instead of Rustangs and Slomaros.

Or is that not considered a good thing ? I never said anything about taking members and putting them somewhere else.

Plenty of times I've been on Instagram where I've seen some 15-20 year old with a new project calling it a Dodge Duster or a Demon a Duster etc etc and they've never even heard of FABO BUT are commenting on my page asking for advice and help on their build.

I didn't view it as a way to recreate this forum somehwhere else, but the thought of posting willing owners' rides and spreading the word about FABO to an even broader base WOULD'VE been a good idea.

THAT'S why I was surprised. But it was just a thought.

My bad I guess

i have heard of instigram a couple times with friends mentioning but I have to say that I don't know what it is.

I barely figured out Facebook which is really boring because other than to chat with a friend (singular) and to see the pics in the station wagon group there is not much else.

I am not sure anything substitute this site or any of the other ones in the network like FBBO ect. I recently joined Lincoln vs. Cadillac and its really slow and not much of a classic Cadillac group there but maybe that will change in time and it will pick up and we will expand on classic cadillacs someday.

This is not a substitute at all. It's meant for sharing pictures and videos. Not a ton of information is being shared at all through this platform.

Joey is 100% right. An Instagram account would provide no more helpful advice or would be available for people to google any comments, posts, etc. on the page. Instagram has literally no form of SEO & you'd be lucky to find anything you were looking for on it. The only upside for FABO would be to bring more people here and make them more aware that your site is a thing. Even if they just click on the link to come here from the page, they would see the FBBO & FEBO links as well.
I think it would be very beneficial to you to do it. It's not a forum, it is much different. It gets you attention in a different kind of way. It will not be another FABO because there is simply no capacity for that on instagram. What it could be is a way to show off the members cars and bring more people to the site.
That's just my opinion. I absolutely love this forum and I would be willing to help by posting a few times about it on my page. :glasses7:

I agree with Joey. As I stated in the "facebook" thread, What's the purpose of meeting elsewhere in the internet, when everything we need for discussion of just about anything at all, is right here? Sounds redundant to me, but, then, again, I am an "old timer", any have little use for "social media".

I wonder what I'm suppose to do with my Facebook, Myspace, twitter, and instagram accounts, since I'm old, now.

instagram is an awesome ap. i'm there more then any web site.

screw it, if ya have a cool abody picture just tag it #forabodiesonly and it will be easy to see for those that want to..

so who are you guys following??

i like these. moat are car related. some of the guys are always posting vintage pics.. a lot of awesome stuff there..

61kombi
musclecarpics
atcoraceway
atcodragway
kingcuda
eastcoastchanneljob
bombshell_deluxe
hotrodjen
916hotrodshop
american_muscle_mustang
foureyedpride
ggtattoos
dailydoseofmopar
luckymopar
judge_mills
phillyaroundtown
prismmotorcycles
flathead252
roof_topper
thehistorygirl
tukipaintsit
makhorov
motorsportcity
motormaker
nealinca

so who are you guys following??

i like these. moat are car related. some of the guys are always posting vintage pics.. a lot of awesome stuff there..

61kombi
musclecarpics
atcoraceway
atcodragway
kingcuda
eastcoastchanneljob
bombshell_deluxe
hotrodjen
916hotrodshop
american_muscle_mustang
foureyedpride
ggtattoos
dailydoseofmopar
luckymopar
judge_mills
phillyaroundtown
prismmotorcycles
flathead252
roof_topper
thehistorygirl
tukipaintsit
makhorov
motorsportcity
motormaker
nealinca

Is luckymopar the guy that shared a lot of old super stock pics?

Check out classicsdaily account and his mopardaily account. He is building a car you would probably like abodyjoe!

Yea I think that who posts a lot of old stuff. I'll look up those two you suggested Thanks for the heads up.

I think Joey may have a misconception (?) of what Instagram is all about. Actually, 65% of the worlds top 100 brands use it, to promote their brand. There are over 150 million users.

Essentially, it's a photo sharing app, but 15 second videos are also part of it. I think it's a pretty cool site, and there are LOTS of cool photos to see there.

There are no archives, no forums, no articles, nothing to compare whatsoever to FABO. In no way do I see any type of conflict of interest here. It's just pictures, which is kinda cool!

-
Back