FABO Young Guns .

-
heres my baby purchased from a kia dealership that took it as a trade-in. the car is from the west coast mostly stock as of now 318 ps,pb and ac with a 904 doing the shifting recently swapped in a 8.75 with a 3.55 posi currently on a quest to hopping up the 318 up with dreams of big block power in the distant future. when my dad was my age he had one almost identical to it as his first car (first picture) and what has started our sickness with mopars

Nice ride! Are those the 17" billet rallies?

I'm 22 and this is my 76 duster. I bought it when i was 17, from a young gun who had it featured in the December 2007 mopar muscle issue. I drove it a week and started tearing it down. I've slowly been restoring it into a completely new car over the past 5 years and it's now close to being on the road. It's going to be a great driver with the occasional pass down the strip. It's got a mild 340 with a 4 speed, 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears and strange axles, line lock, ac, powersteering, power brakes, power windows, keyless entry, alarm system, and a good stereo lol I hope to have it on the road by spring!

Outstanding work! That color is gorgeous. What color is that?

since you guys ratified the motion to up the young gun age to 30 ......I don't hear any objection......

Then I will add something a little different....not an a-body but I have a 68 dodge coronet wagon.

Rust free car that was neglected and sun baked. I am trying to give it well deserved TLC and get it back into shape. Wagons are a labor of love because a lot people turn noses down to them but yet you never see many around. I don't do early A's so since they don't make A-body wagons after 66 I had to move up to a B-body in order to get a wagon past 67 and something I can live with.

Hey lil' lady!
I like this car more and more everytimeI see it. I think a wagon is next on my list. Do you do the drawing? I love the Direct Connection flag.

The drawing was originally a 2 door car and a talented fabo member modified it for me.

Once you get into a wagon you Will wonder why you didn't get one years ago. Just like a two door car from the front seats forward but can haul a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood home and haul car parts anywhere

AS far of the "Old farts" I think that the older gentleman in this hobby have influenced me in more ways than anyone in my age group.

So have many of us younglings are going to Carlisle?

AS far of the "Old farts" I think that the older gentleman in this hobby have influenced me in more ways than anyone in my age group.

As one of the "Old Farts" here, I found it interesting that, yes, other members senior to myself have MUCH to share. And this goes for my peers as well, (I'm mid 50's) in fact I'm surprised to find considerable knowledge here in ALL age groups. Some of y'all's experience and willingness to help a guy out has been a true source of motivation for me. It's a great hobby.

when I was in auto school all the best teachers were "older" guys. I had a transmissions instructor who was a way old timer and he had actually had his start in the 60s and he knew the difference between a Powerflite and a torqueflite .....HA find that now a days .....this was just all within the last ten years and he has since retired and another older instructor actually died recently and now you go back and all the teachers are younger people who couldn't even tell you how to tune a Carburetor because if you cant do it with a snap on scanner then the look on their face is "can not compute"

I count my blessings for the short time I had with the "older" generation of gear heads because its mostly gone now and tomorrow it will be dust in the wind.

I actually put that post in the wrong thread. I thought I was posting in the other thread where yall were talking about getting help from older members.

Please allow an old man a simple mistake. I will just not worry about it since it seems no one can mess up around here. The two threads are very similar. I thought this was the one asking about help. I don't generally read through every single thread before I reply.

Yall carry on. Without me.

Hey man didn't mean to blow up. Mistakes can happen. Everybody's human . It's all good . No hard feelings

since you guys ratified the motion to up the young gun age to 30 ......I don't hear any objection......

Then I will add something a little different....not an a-body but I have a 68 dodge coronet wagon.

Rust free car that was neglected and sun baked. I am trying to give it well deserved TLC and get it back into shape. Wagons are a labor of love because a lot people turn noses down to them but yet you never see many around. I don't do early A's so since they don't make A-body wagons after 66 I had to move up to a B-body in order to get a wagon past 67 and something I can live with.

Wagons are my guilty pleasure . I love wagons . Vega Wagons, Dart Wagons, VW Squarebacks . Your wagon is badass !

I want to apologize for going off on rusty . I believe that day I was in a bad mood . Mistakes happen. I value anyone's giveb advice especially the older generation who grew up around the cars I love . Who better to go to than them ? Please continue to post more and feel comfortable posting here whether it be side comment or attributing a project .

Once again age was raised to 30 .

This is a good thread, I'm 25 so I'll join in. My first car was a '68 Charger which I had for 6 years until someone ran a red light and killed it. I've had a bunch of cars since then of all sorts including a 1959 Chrysler Saratoga.

A-body content coming up.

Late in 2013 I found a '74 Dart Swinger sitting in someone's yard in small town Dillsboro, NC while walking with my uncle. It was sinking into the dirt, covered in leaves and mildew, and was begging to be brought home. So I made a deal and drove it back to my uncle's cabin. It did overheat in freezing weather because the old radiator was so clogged. A couple weeks later I put in a new radiator that I found from a member of this forum. I went traveling for a while and found a bench seat to replace the plastic racing buckets in it. Picked up the seat for nothing from another member here. A couple stops for used tires got the old girl to FL, and some new tires got it back out to Colorado. Both of those legs need their own thread. Since it's been home: shocks, brakes, heater, carpet, odds and ends, ditched the draglites for some keystones, and a lot of driving. Anyway, here are some pics of the Dart.

Next up, the Barracuda :)

And now the '67 Barracuda. It's got a 273, the floors and trunk are rust free, it's only missing one window which i have since found and need to put in, the nose is crunched a bit but I have a header panel coming in from NY from a '68. The good news is it drove, steered, and stopped all the way home (20 miles) for just $1800 bucks.

The 273 is on its last legs, so I have found a 360 for it. Plans are to clean up the interior with new carpet, headliner, door panels, recover the seats, make it louder and faster, and leave the patina for a while. This thing is cool.

And now the '67 Barracuda. It's got a 273, the floors and trunk are rust free, it's only missing one window which i have since found and need to put in, the nose is crunched a bit but I have a header panel coming in from NY from a '68. The good news is it drove, steered, and stopped all the way home (20 miles) for just $1800 bucks.

The 273 is on its last legs, so I have found a 360 for it. Plans are to clean up the interior with new carpet, headliner, door panels, recover the seats, make it louder and faster, and leave the patina for a while. This thing is cool.

I love those barracudas . Such a badass body style

took home 2 at the local show this weekend and lost to a fellow young gun! she was only 15 and building a badass scamp!

Attachments

• GetAttachment (1).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 108
I missed this thread so here's some pictures of my Dart and Chrysler Newport.

Attachments

• Dart 5 small.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Dart 8 small.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4950.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4961.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 87
Well, I'm turning 24 next month and it's a been about a year since I last posted in my thread so here's my junk.

Attachments

• Interior Mock Up 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 66
  • At Hotchkis.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Interior Mock Up 1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20150409_090313.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 108
  • At Hotchkis 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 91
-