Fastest Duster on stockish suspension?

-
Hey, I just re read my reply to you and I think I came off like a dickhead. I meant it to be kind of funny, but, now that I reread it I don’t think that’s the way it reads to everyone else. My apologies. But yeah I get it! Weight will kill it. That’s what I was saying earlier. I just wouldn’t want to modify the original rear too far since an upgrade would be cheaper and better in the long run. Good luck with that Mosier, I hear very good things. A friend of mine runs one and likes it very much.

hopefully the Moser is finished being used , and will get sold as part of a complete rearend when i get the S60. Cost 1300 bucks for the Moser 3 member, but that 8.75 wouldnt have been worth squat broken..lol..now somebody will get a nice low use piece

Oh, a Strange axle housing … gotcha
Moser 3rd member… gotcha…

Oh, a Strange axle housing … gotcha
Moser 3rd member… gotcha…

car has its born with 8.75. I broke the ring and pinion last year. Replaced the factory center section with a tougher Moser center section to finish the year.
Plan to buy a complete S60, and sell the 8.75 currently in the car, including the new pig

The 408 in my 3200# Dart broke my 8 3/4 on the second pass it hooked up. The third member was built with new bearings and a new 4.30 Richmond gear with maybe 60 passes behind a 340 and a couple thousand street miles on it.

The 727 had to come out, be taken apart and checked out. I rebuilt the 8 3/4, sold it, ordered a S-60 and haven't looked back.

In a light weight car the 8 3/4 seems to hold up fine, I just don't have a light car. LOL

This car has done this for years both transbrake and footbrake and never broke a rearend at 3200 pounds. No backbrace and stock caps. Stock driveshaft too. His car has been sitting so he sold the pumpkin to a friend that has a big block and is running 9.70’s.
5E3AA66E-4C72-405E-BC29-C2A96C6044F0.jpeg
FAE763D8-5B4F-4EFC-9A5E-3B085B700BF3.jpeg
7EA556E8-8C5F-4B74-B095-D3BA1BE0C182.jpeg

This car has done this for years both transbrake and footbrake and never broke a rearend at 3200 pounds. No backbrace and stock caps. Stock driveshaft too. His car has been sitting so he sold the pumpkin to a friend that has a big block and is running 9.70’s.

You're always the exception John. :lol:

You're always the exception John. :lol:

Not me. Mine always broke. Lol. And at much slower ET’s but a lot of mine was from 4 speed abuse. Matt tries to stick to a 3 years of gear use and switch them out. Our buddy wanted his 3rd member bad and Matt tried to talk him out of getting them but they are still going so I guess he did ok.

Loving the Duster pictures John.

We need a complete run down on build spec. Please!

Engine, trans, kerb weight, axle config, the whole nine yards lol...

To run a nine in a stockish Duster would be mind blowing to say the least!

I’m guessing low 10’s is a danger zone for the 8-3/4 even with 35 splines???

I remember spending twenty years trying to run a Ten, failed projects, failed marriage, jobless etc...

So I bit the bullit and bought a done car (avatar Dart) even that wasn’t as easy as I thought lol...

But you feel like you have cheated and stolen someone else’s thunder doing it that way...

So another twenty years has passed and I’m a pensioner now...

So I know how good Dusters can be as drag cars and it’s time to steal my own thunder lol...

Lowdeck 451 with iron heads and an 8-3/4 for a kick-off.

If that fails I will take the 512ci outta my 71-GTX and give that a go lol...

If all that fails it will be Aluminum heads, that’s worse than using NOS to me...

I remember spending twenty years trying to run a Ten, failed projects, failed marriage, jobless etc...

So I bit the bullit and bought a done car (avatar Dart) even that wasn’t as easy as I thought lol...

But you feel like you have cheated and stolen someone else’s thunder doing it that way...

So another twenty years has passed and I’m a pensioner now...

So I know how good Dusters can be as drag cars and it’s time to steal my own thunder lol...

Lowdeck 451 with iron heads and an 8-3/4 for a kick-off.

If that fails I will take the 512ci outta my 71-GTX and give that a go lol...

If all that fails it will be Aluminum heads, that’s worse than using NOS to me...

When I decided I was on a quest for a “10”, I pulled the top end off my trusty 448 that had been into the low 11’s with mildly ported big valve 906’s and a RB SSH-44 cam.
I had a flow bench by that time and updated the porting on the heads(260-ish), and installed a roller cam.

10.91 right off the trailer.
That was 1995.

sweet car. Its been( without reading the article) 4 teens. I think that class has now gone bye/ bye, unfortunately.
And i know Lyle drove a pro mod last season
Yeah it's a bad beeotch. He's indexing like 6.50s in the 1320. That's haulin the mail with leaf sprAngs.

Yeah it's a bad beeotch. He's indexing like 6.50s in the 1320. That's haulin the mail with leaf sprAngs.

i drove down to lights out last Feb at SGMP hoping this car was there, sadly it wasnt.
Somebody told me it was gonna be at Orlando a week or two later.
That's when i noticed no leaf spring class, not sure bit the car might run Limited now, not sure if its competetive.

sweet car. Its been( without reading the article) 4 teens. I think that class has now gone bye/ bye, unfortunately.
And i know Lyle drove a pro mod last season

WTH??? Are the leaf spring classes being killed off?

-
Back